“People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only
if there is light from within.” –Elisabeth Kübler-Ross.
We keep talking about inner beauty and outer beauty being the reflection of inner beauty. I don’t understand these things, I only agree and subscribe to this famous quote by Helena Rubinstein that says “there are no ugly women, only lazy ones.” And you all can guess how beautiful I am when I always crib about how lazy I am.
Beauty according to me is something which catches the eye and holds my attention.
So, here, I present a list of the most beautiful Indian women (according to me) comprising of some women who are still alive and some who aren’t. As “beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder,” this is a list prepared by me according to my thinking and liking and you are free to add your own choices. I am listing them from the 10th to the 1st spot. Take a look:
10. Deepika Pallikal, Squash player- Deepika Pallikal is a new sportswoman on the block. She has won the German, Dutch, French, Australian and Scottish Opens. Dipika Pallikal became only the second Indian ever to break into the top 100 of squash (WISPA ranking) rankings rising to a career-high 91st in May 2007. Beautywise, she is so different from the muscular PT USha’s, Saina Nehwals, and bulky Saina Mirzas. She was apparently offered to star in films, but she refused to focus on her game. In terms of looks, she is not out of the world, but in the Indian sporting arena, she definitely stands out. So, I am placing her at the 10th spot.
9. Sheetal Mallar, Model- Sheetal Mallar has been active as a model since many decades. She has proved wrong the very popular notion that “models come with a shelf life.” She is active on the ramp, print media, and advertising industry even now. She might be in her late 30s or may be early 40s, but still going strong. Beauty wise, she is dusky and makes “brown” a desirable colour, and whenever I look at her curly hair, I feel good about having curly frizzy hair. She even has that 32-teeth visible smile, which looks so gorgeous.
8. Deepika Padukone, actress- Deepika Padukone is an actress and daughter of the famous badminton player Prakash Padukone. Beautywise, she has the features, which a majority of women would like to have. She is tall with well-built and toned body, nice doe eyes, decent hair, and cute dimples. We all may feel envious of her, but can’t put down the fact that she is indeed beautiful.
7. Chitrangada Singh, actress- She is best known for starring in the Sudhir Mishra’s 2003 film Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi. She is married to Indian golfer Jyoti Randhawa. She closely resembles the late Smitha Patil. Beautywise, she has got chiseled features and looks ethereally beautiful.
6. Nidhi Razdan, Smirti Rao, and Sunetra Choudhary- All these three ladies are newsreaders from NDTV India. All three of them are intelligent, knowledgeable, have lovely voices, and above everything are simply beautiful, nothing out of this world, but beautiful.
5. Brinda Karat, CPI-M Politburo Member and Hema Malini, film actress- Hema Malini was such a beautiful actress with amazing facial features in her heydays, but Botox overdrive has ruined her face and numbed her facial muscles, just wish she lets herself to age naturally. On the other hand, at the same spot is CPI-M politburo member and wife of CPI-M president, Prakash Karat. Beauty wise, despite an ill-fitting wig, she looks elegant and beautiful in her big red bindi and Bengali cotton sarees.
4. Madhuri Dixit, actress- She is such a brilliant actress and mother of two boys. It is such a wonder that she is still wanted back by Indian audience which doesn’t consider married women fit to act again. Even at 43 years, she looks elegant, down-to-earth, and simply beautiful, never mind that extra makeup she does.
3. Madhubala, actress- This Bollywood actress departed like years and years ago, but still if you take a poll amongst Indian men regarding the most beautiful women, they would still vote for Madhubala as the most beautiful woman. Taking a look at her below pic, she looks so beautiful and out of this world even without photoshop.
2. Aishwarya Rai, beauty queen, actress/an unknown woman in Raja Ravi Varma’s painting.- Aishwarya Rai is considered beautiful not only by Indian standards, but also International ones. She has chiseled features, a beautiful face with everything put in correctly, and a highly well-maintained body. Agreed, that she appears plastic and dolled up, but when the end result is so beautiful, we should not really mind if it is plastic or porcelain.
At the same spot, is an unknown woman in a beautiful painting of Raja Ravi Varma. The woman looks beautiful, innocent, and playful. Whenever I visit any museum in India, I first look out for Raja Ravi Varma’s paintings and stand there, staring at those masterpieces.
1. Maharani Gayathri Devi- Maharani Gayatri Devi was born into the royal family of Cooch Behar. She married the maharaja of Jaipur, Mann Singh and led a luxurious life. She played polo, lawn tennis, and was properly educated. Beautywise, she is the most beautiful women I have ever seen. She has big lotus eyes and all her features are exquisite and well carved out. Just one word to describe her- ‘BEAUTIFUL’.
What is YOUR top 10 list of beautiful Indian women?
8 Bollywood Actresses who have Undergone Plastic Surgery
Top 5 Youtube Videos on Bollywood Celebrities Without Makeup
Quotes on Women, Makeup and Beauty
What Attracts Women To Men
Eyes: Eye Makeup for Older Women