How to Look and Smell Awesome While Getting off an Airplane
I love to travel. I’ve visited a lot of countries and cities by myself and I have often found myself in airplane for 10+ hours. After such long haul flights (my longest was 17 hours by the way), I would usually look like a lost animal with really really bad hair. I would smell like one too.
But, after my numerous travels and life-lessons I’ve started to look more human and show up pretty decent in pictures too! (Sometimes people insist on taking pictures right at the airport because they’re so excited to see you. :D)
You could follow these for both short (4-6 hours) as well as long (6+ hours) modifying to whatever suits you. I will specifically mention if I do anything different for short and long in the tips.
The most important thing to remember while travelling on an airplane is to remember what you’re taking in your carry-on baggage or hand baggage. Most airlines don’t allow a lot liquids and perfume bottles etc. It would help in such cases to have an idea of what is allowed prior to your date of travel. I once lost a very expensive perfume in security. I know the pain. These pointers adhere to all rules anyway. Let’s get started!
1. The basic rule of all airplane travel is: MOISTURISE. I cannot stress enough on how important this is. Everything about you will dehydrate-your face, your hair, your body. This is something you can probably start working on before travelling. Use any hydrating hair mask on the day before your travel and you should be okay. Now, if this is allowed, take a small spray bottle and put in some conditioner and distilled water, shake it up and spray it in your hair before getting off. World of difference, I tell you.
2. Follow your usual moisturising routine for your face and body especially concentrating on the exposed parts. Carry a small bottle(less than 100ml) of moisturiser along.
3. Lip balm is your soulmate. Use as often as you need. Just before getting off, you can use some coloured stain/gloss/non drying lipstick over your balm.
4. Obviously, while getting on the airplane, prefer to not wear makeup. But if you must, bring along some wipes, take off everything and moisturise. Again, while getting off, you can wear a BB cream (quantity less than 100 ml), some pencil eyeliner, mascara, of course lipstick. Don’t use powder products. Remember not to do this in the bathroom and annoy other passengers. These are things you can do in your seat. If you’re uncomfortable, go to a bathroom on landing and primp.
5. On the impossibly long flights, I start to smell bad too. An awesome way to fix this is to carry along some baby wipes and a t-shirt that I pre spray with perfume before packing it. I wipe my arms, torso and underarms with the fresh wipes and wear the nice t-shirt. Instant bath.
6. This isn’t exactly makeup, just a general tip. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Bring along a pair of socks. I find that it helps me sleep better. Also you can get those eye patches that block light. Carry a neck pillow if you experience neck or shoulder pain. You will feel a lot more relaxed and consequently you will look better.
7. Pack all these small 100 ml bottles in one sealed pouch and put it in your hand luggage. This is the rule followed in most airlines.
I hope these tips help all of you to look awesome and feel awesome after you get off from the airplane. Take trips, enjoy yourselves and most important, take care of your skin.
Makeup, Skincare and Fitness Secrets of an Air Hostess
Travel Beauty Tips
How to Store Makeup for your Travel Bag
7 Tips to Look Fresh All the Time
Tips for Packing Makeup and Toiletries For Travel
How To Cope with Flight Anxiety
20 Makeup Tips & Tricks
Makeup Tips for Dusky Skin Tones