All about Seaweed Body Wrap Treatment
Body wraps have already started to carve out a niche for itself in the world of beauty. Seaweed body wraps are quite popular and the treatment is being opted for by many a woman who loves to pamper herself with the goodness of body wraps. For all you beautiful women who are not quite sure about the different aspects of a seaweed body wrap treatment, here is a research article!
What is Seaweed Body Wrap?
Seaweed is a well-known oceanic herb, harvested from the depths of seas and is packed with vitamins and minerals. Seaweed is considered to be one of the richest ingredients for beauty treatments meted out to rejuvenate you and relax your spirits. A seaweed body wrap is one that makes the intensive use of seaweed to help your skin regenerate. It soothes your skin and your mind.
Benefits of Seaweed Body Wrap:
Several benefits are associated with seaweed body wraps. Here are the top benefits to look for:
• Detoxification: Seaweed body wrap helps to detoxify your body. As soon as the mask is applied on your body, metal toxins are drawn out of your skin through osmotic movement. Iodine, contained in seaweed, helps to make the process even more effective. This aids in stimulating the rate of metabolism and detoxification. Sweating is an important part associated with seaweed body wrap treatment and it is through sweating that your body is detoxified.
• Weight loss and slimming effects: It is said that when your skin starts absorbing the minerals contained in seaweed, fat deposits in the body are broken down. Seaweed body wraps generate heat and this heat, in turn helps in the redistribution of fats. The result is- your skin looks smooth and the appearance of cellulite is lessened.
• Regeneration of skin: Seaweed body mask helps to regenerate the skin in your body by promoting collagen formation. The treatment ensures the removal of dead skin cells. Moreover, this wrap generally contains amino acids and sea salts, which are favorable for the health of your skin. Thus, the body skin is revived, becomes firm and the appearance of wrinkles is reduced.
• Dose of antioxidants: Seaweed is a storehouse of antioxidants. Therefore, a seaweed body wrap ensures that your skin is protected from the damaging effects of the UV rays of the sun as well as from pollution.
Step by Step Method:
Obviously, the procedure tends to vary from one spa to another. Regardless of that, generally, the seaweed body wrap treatment includes the following steps:
• Exfoliation of skin
• Application of a wrap made of seaweed mud or seaweed clay
• Wrapping of hot towel soaked in the goodness of herbal seaweed solution, around your body
• Ensuring that you sweat out and your skin is toned and reinvigorated
• Keeping the body hydrated (through the intake of water or fruit juices) during the treatment
• Removal of the excess seaweed mud with the help of a balmy cleansing cloth and then, a thorough application of skin toner and moisturizer
Seaweed body wrap is considered great for you if you have flaking dry skin and perhaps a regular treatment can work wonders for your skin.
Tips and Warnings:
It is always good to seek expert advice before you opt for a treatment. You need to be aware of the pros and cons. Here is a list of tips and warnings that you should keep in mind before you opt for a seaweed body wrap treatment:
• Excessive perspiration during the treatment might lead to dehydration; hence drink lots of fluids.
• If you are claustrophobic, you may not like being wrapped for a long time during the treatment and hence, prior to your session, you may ask what others experience during the treatment so that you are mentally prepared.
• Of course, you should be prepared to feel comfortable in your skin, with little or no clothes on.
• Avoid the treatment if you have thyroid problem, varicose veins or if you are pregnant.
Homemade Body Wrap For Detoxification and Weight Loss
20 Best Homemade Hair Packs
Homemade Tan Removal Pack
5 Homemade Skin Lightening Face Masks
Homemade Soothing Eye Mask: Do It Yourself
Detoxification: Detoxify Your Body
Aroma Magic Mineral Face Pack Detoxifying Mask
Fitness Mistakes that Prevent Weight Loss
Food for Weight Loss