How to Apply Liquid Eyeliner
When it comes to eyeliner, I personally have always preferred using eye pencil or those rotator type eyepencils – I find it very easy to trace over my upper lash line with these and don’t have to worry about waiting for it to dry, especially when in a hurry to get to work. However, I recently read a few things about liquid eyeliner which I want to share with you guys – it’s not as difficult to use it as it seems!
1. Prime factor: I did not know this, but just like we prime eyelids before using eyeshadow, we can do the same for eyeliner too! It helps a lot in making it stay on and keeping it smudge-free. It also creates a good base for the colour to sink in.
2. Eyeshadow first: For smokey eyes, liquid liner also looks good and can be used to create a dramatic effect. If you’re going to use a nude or neutral sparkly eyeshadow, use it before you use the liquid eyeliner. It sets better that way.
3. Retro wings: Winged eyeliner is hot this year due to the whole retro/vintage revival. Make sure you apply it in one fluid move, for an easy winged eye. Pull the ends of the line you make outwards for a cat eye or winged eyeliner look. Think Deepika Padukone in Om Shanti Om – the thicker the better!
4. Day vs night: People tend to think liquid eyeliner is better suited for a night out than for office. But trust me, if you keep the rest of your makeup simple with a nude or neutral coloured lipstick, barely there blush and a dewy complexion, liquid eyeliner with a thin line can bring out your features naturally.
5. Colour- During Fall fashion weeks there was a lot of dramatic use of colour, especially electric blue or cobalt. You can try these or if you’d rather stick with Fall hues, there are lots of lovely browns you can try on.
6. Twice the liner: Instead of just one coat, try two instead! It will brighten up your look instantly, and it’s also important to ensure better staying power. Also, it’ll bring out the colour a lot better. Be careful during application: ensure a steady hand.
7. Practice maketh perfect: Never apply liquid eyeliner in a hurry. It’s always best to use it in a relaxing environment and when you’re not rushed for time. That’ll ensure you apply it well and don’t end up with zigzag lines instead of straight ones.
I hope these tips helped!! I’m definitely going to use them and try on some pretty shades other than black too ☺
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Apply Eyeliner
How to Apply Kajal / Eye Kohl Perfectly?
Daily Beauty Tips : How To Apply Liquid Eyeliner
How To Apply Coloured Eye liner- Makeup Tutorial
How To: Winged Eye Liner Video Tutorial