Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel: Dark Circles and Wrinkles
I had tried Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel two years ago, after my younger son was born. Staying up all night to feed and change diapers took a toll on the skin around my eyes making it look dull and tired. To add to my woes I also developed those dreaded dark circles. This product helped me immensely to get rid of them. I love this gel ever since, and have continued to use it even after the dark circles left.
Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel Claims : Prevents fine lines around the eyes and lips. Lightens dark circles and rejuvenates tired eyes.
Directions to use Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel: Apply under the eyes every day morning and night. Massage gently with fingertips.
Active ingredients in Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel: Extract of Bach, Rose, Flaxseed, Lemon Peel, Aloe Vera, Green Tea and Pure Essential Oils of Witch Hazel, Chamomile, Fennel.
Price: Rs. 115 (Indian Rupees) for 20gms
- Rose Extract has a beneficial effect on superficial capillaries and ideal for all skin types. It helps moisturize, smooth, firm and repair damaged skin cells making skin appear healthier and softer. It also tightens pores and treats fine lines.
- Flaxseed Extract is an effective anti-wrinkle agent, containing oils and proteins that are made up of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Helps give the skin a plump appearance thus making wrinkles look reduced.
- Lemon Extract: Lemon is a natural source of vitamin C and a natural anti tanning agent. It is a skin lightener beneficial for most skin types
- Green tea is a powerful antioxidant that helps restore damaged tissue
- Aloe vera helps tone and revitalizes the skin and is one of the best moisturizers for skin. Aloe Vera helps dry skin, particularly on the face and around the eyes where the skin is most. Helps in regenerating new skin cells and preventing wrinkles as well as removing blackness and wrinkles under the eye.
- Witch hazel, has excellent anti-inflammatory properties, and helps to reduce the appearance of swelling. Witch hazel in fact, contains high levels of tannin hence it works as an astringent helping to tighten skin and reduce swelling. It also reduces pore size and reduces under eye bags.
- Chamomile: Chamomile can be used to help soothe tired, irritated eyes. The chamomile essential oil helps to stimulate the flow of blood in the veins beneath the eyes and is also an anti-inflammatory. This herb has properties that reduce eye fatigue and dark circles around the eyes.
- Fennel is high in amino acids, iron, essential oils and aspartic acid. Fennel contains vitamin C, vitamin B3, calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium and fiber, as well as essential oils. Fennel is a natural antioxidant and is anti-inflammatory.
Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel is a transparent gel which comes in a small tube, making it convenient and hygienic. The smell is very mild and pleasant and it is easily absorbed into the skin. As you apply it around your eyes, it feels a bit sticky. It also kind of leaves your under eye with a stretchy feel as most gels do. My lashes keep sticking to the skin around the eyes, but it is absorbed quickly and once it dries it feels fine. It is instantly cooling and your eyes will feel refreshed almost immediately. Make sure you massage gently and use your ring finger as this applies the least pressure on the delicate skin around the eyes. The Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel effectively combats dark circles and tired looking eyes. There is visible improvement in the under eye area and the skin looks and feels fresh, healthy and nourished.
As I used this eye gel on a regular basis, I got many compliments from friends saying how I don’t look exhausted even after having two kids to run around. However, please be warned that none of these results are immediate. This cream will work wonders for you only when used over a regular period of time. It can perform no magic tricks to give you the desired results in one day or even one or two weeks. Continued use of this for at least more than a month is what got me the results. I would say it is slow but very consistent. Also, since I have made this a regular part of my skin care regime, my eyes have never developed dark circles again in spite of using contact lenses. I keep this gel in the refrigerator for the ultimate cooling and refreshing effect.
Pros of Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel:
- The product is more attractively priced than most eye gels in the market.
- As it comes in a small tube, it is hygienic and easy to carry around.
- Has an immediate cooling effect on the eyes
- All natural ingredients. One look at the ingredient list was enough to make me grab this one.
- Nourishes and moisturizes well
- Lightens dark circles
- Effective as a preventive measure for all under eye concerns.
- Hydrates well but does not feel oily or greasy.
- Mildly scented, which I always prefer.
- Spreads very well, easily absorbed into the skin. Very little quantity is needed.
- Does not irritate my eyes even if it seeps in
Cons of Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel:
- Feels sticky after application
- Leaves a stretchy feeling on the under eye skin
- Not sure if it works for fine lines, puffy eyes or eye bags
- No SPF. I hate applying sunscreen under my eyes and would have loved it if this gel had SPF
- Would definitely buy this one again but right now I also want to try Aroma Magic almond under eye cream before I repurchase this one.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating :
Although we women have good skin care routine, we tend to ignore the eye area until the signs of neglect start to show. A good under eye gel or eye cream is a must if you are over 25 years of age, even if you have no visible dark circles, puffy eyes or eye bags. This will help protect the delicate under eye area and also keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
While choosing an under eye product, I would suggest you check the label carefully for an ingredient list. Avoid eye creams or gels with harsh chemicals. Look for natural ingredients on the label because these are easier on the delicate skin surrounding the eye. Also whether to chose a gel or a cream would depend on factors like your age and the amount of damage your skin has undergone.
Younger skin reacts to eye gels well. Gels work faster and have less dramatic results. Eye gels will help to reduce the signs of ageing around the eyes including wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles, and puffiness. They are best for you if you have a lesser extent of damage on your under eye area.
Older skin benefits more with the intensive action of eye creams. Eye creams reduce or eliminate the signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles, and puffiness, on the delicate skin surrounding the eyes. Eye creams produce more dramatic results than eye gels, but does work more slowly. Moderate to severe damage to the skin around the eyes cannot be repaired instantly, and will respond better to the slower more intense approach of an eye cream than an eye gel.
Here are some points that may make your choice easier.
Under Eye Gels are:
- Best for younger skin- It is not as rich as creams, and since younger skin tends to be more oily than more mature skin, it would be advised for the younger generation with eye problems.
- More soothing for tired eyes
- More cooling than creams
- Ideal for reducing puffiness- It is more soothing and cooling as already mentioned, and the key to reducing puffiness is to soothe and cool the area around the eye.
- Leaves less residue
- Best for morning applications- It is less oily, and has less chances of smudging or leaving residue than creams.
- Easier for make-up application- Eye gels tend to be absorbed faster than eye creams, so if you’re a woman on the go, the fast absorption makes it easier for you to do your morning face rituals.
- Leaves a temporary tightening effect- Aside from the long term benefits, another reason which makes eye gels ideal for morning applications is that it also leaves a temporary tightening effect which leaves you looking fresh and younger as you go out in the day.
- Less likely to cause milia- Ideally, gels are lighter and have less chances of clogging your pores, making black heads and milia less chances to occur.
Under Eye Creams are:
- More nourishing and moisturizing- Creams contain more ingredients that moisturize the skin more effectively than cream
- Best for fine lines reduction- The moisturizing effect in eye creams eventually leaves aging skin with fine lines better than before. It contains emollients that nourishes the skin and plumps up the area to eliminate the fine lines.
- Better for dry skin
- Best for mature skin- Dry and mature skin need more oil to improve its health. Wrinkle creams have the right formulation to treat eye problems that are brought about by dry or more mature skin.
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel
- aroma magic under eye gel review