Ayur Winter Care Lotion Review
Today I shall be reviewing another lotion. Winters do take a toll on my skin and make it very dry. To combat the excessive dryness I do try the age old home made remedies still at times it gets difficult to access those ingredients say while travelling so I resort to the body lotions available in the market. I picked up one such lotion few days back. Please read on further to find more about the product.
It is a rich and creamy moisturizing lotion that contains natural extracts of olive and wheat germ oil. Provides effective protection from winter dryness, without the sticky feel. Making skin soft supple and sensuous.
Price/ Packaging/ Quantity:
INR 50 for 100 ml. It comes in the usual ayur bottle which is transclucent and has a baby pink flip top cap. The flip cap clicks shut tightly. Nice slender plastic bottle which is quite travel friendly.
Not mentioned. Only the front says it contains extra rich olive oil.
My take on Ayur Winter Care Lotion:
It is a white coloured lotion which has a medium consistency. Considering northern India has chilly winters so in this part of the country thick body lotions or body butters are apt.I was disappointed seeing the consistency only. It did spread well and got absorbed within a few seconds but my skin did not feel moisturised leave aside feeling greasy. I applied it post bath and within an hour only I could see dry patches again on my legs. Moving on the fragrance, it has a mild fragrance which I am just not able to make out. The fragrance dissipates within a few minutes only. I doubt the presence of olive oil in it as it was least moisturizing and olive oil is considered to be the staple to combat winter dryness.
All in all,it is a light weight lotion which does not feel heavy at all and gets absorbed quickly. It may be apt for summers and that too for people with normal to oily skin.
Summarising the pros and cons:
Pros of Ayur Winter Care lotion:
1. Nice sturdy packaging.
2. Lightweight ,does not weigh down the skin.
3. A herbal formulation ( though I doubt the same considering it has a shelf life of 3 yrs!)
4. Mild fragrance which does not stay for too long.
5. Shelf life of 3 years ( which could be a con as well as whole lot of preservatives and chemicals would be added to preserve it for such a long time)
Cons of Ayur Winter Care lotion:
1. Does not moisturise the skin. I think it loses the entire purpose by not providing the moisturisation. It is a winter care lotion and if it does not solve the dryness problem then it shouldn’t at all be produced let alone sold.
2. False claims. Neither makes skin soft nor supple. Also it is not rich and creamy.
3. No ingredients list. This is again one of the biggest drawbacks. I would like to know what am I putting on my skin.
Will I repurchase/ Do I recommend Ayur Winter Care Lotion?
No, I do not.
1 out of 5
Ayur Herbal Moisturizer Wheat Germ Based Review
Ayur Tea Tree Face Wash for Acne-Prone & Oily Skin
Ayur Herbals Astringent with Mint and Cucumber
Ayur Herbals Neem Mask
Ayur Herbal Skin Toner
Ayur Herbal Body Care Lotion
Bio Skincare Exfoliating Strawberry Face and Body Scrub
L’Occitane Exfoliating Rice Powder
Montagne Jeunesse Peach Kernel and Walnut Exfoliating Masque
The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Exfoliating Pads
Living Proof Cell Renu Shower Scrub
Freeman Feeling Beautiful Body Sugar Scrub Pomegranate
How To Make Body Scrub At Home
Biotique Bio Walnut Bark Fresh Lift Body Building Shampoo
Everyuth Natural Walnut Facial Scrub
Ayur Herbals Cold Cream with Aloe Vera- Review