I do a lot of reading online. In the lack of a decent library and denial from shopkeepers to get you copies of some magazines every month, one is left with the choice of reading online. Earlier I hated it. I was so fixated on the idea of reading on paper that any decent article online would instantly be sent off to the printer, but then we had a dearth of printing paper and ink cartridges in Andamans and I decided to catch the bull by the horns I started reading online; however, with the slow internet connection I manage to get, this has been an eye opener. A wide one! Internet is full of information and I love surfing blogs after blogs. During one such surfing expedition, I discovered the rage of using baking soda in daily beauty regime. I read a lot about it and thought of summing it all up in a post for my very dear IMBB. So, here we go.
Though for ages we have been using baking soda as a cleansing agent for refrigerators, microwaves and for floor, not many are aware that it can be used for body cleansing as well. I use it myself for many things and I am glad I made the move. For the sake of convenience, I store my baking soda in a small pot near my basin. That way, I never forget to use it!
Here are some beauty benefits of baking soda:
- For whiter teeth: I am a live testimony of it. I have been using baking soda on and off for more than a year now and it has only done good to me. Whenever I feel my teeth are losing their natural whiteness or gathering a light yellow-ish layer, I run to my small pot of baking soda. I particularly use it in night. Just use a toothbrush that you generally use, apply toothpaste on it and dab a little soda. Brush as usual. Don’t be frightened by the frisky bubbles that you get, you would enjoy them later and you are done! Result – sparkling white teeth.
- The Baking Spa: Add a little soda to your normal pedicure (or even manicure) procedure. Just add a tea spoon full of soda in the warm water that you use to dip your feet in and the soda will double up the effects of soaking. Or else, just mix a bit of soda with your foot scrub cream and start scrubbing. I do the latter and it does a better job than just the plain scrub.
- Cleaner Combs: Oh yeah! This one’s my favourite. How do you wash your combs? I wash mine with my shampoo. I apply shampoo on a tooth brush, just the way I apply toothpaste, and start rubbing it on the comb. Just that, I also add baking powder to it! And my combs are always like the way they were when I had bought them.
- Deodorizing Agent: I use it deodorize my shoes and make up box (or any box you could say), but I have read that it can be used to deodorize human beings as well. Just dab a little powder under your arms and you are good to go. Or better still, apply a mix of lemon juice and baking soda under arms and let it act like a deodorant. I apply the mix before shower and it works very well.
- As a face cleanser: Honestly, I have not tried it, but I read people vouching for its effectiveness on various online forums. I also remember somebody from IMBB once commented that she used baking soda as a scrub or cleanser and was quite happy with it. I am planning to start using it as a cleanser. It is said to treat acne very well, but a word of caution, use the quantity cautiously. First try the basic allergy test and then apply it on face.
Hope you guys enjoyed this post. Happy Baking (soda)!
Beauty Benefits of Neem (Indian Lilac)
Skin Benefits of Yogurt
Aloe Vera: Beauty Benefits
Health & Beauty Benefits of Papaya
Chamomile Tea and its Benefits
Health and Beauty benefits of Coconut Oil
Health and Beauty Benefits of Emu Oil
Health Benefits of Tea
Health and Beauty Benefits of Orange
Health & Beauty Benefits of Rose Oil
Mango For Skin: Summer Beauty Benefits
Pumpkin – Health and Beauty Benefits
Health and Beauty Benefits Of Tomato
Banana Beauty Benefits, Applications And Tips
Beauty Benefits Of Watermelon: Summer Skin Care Secrets
Almonds Health and Beauty Benefits
Benefits of Sandalwood (Chandan)
Health and Beauty Benefits of Olive Oil