List of Best Hair Serums For Frizzy Hair
Often even when we shampoo and condition our hair, frizzes can come to haunt us. It can be really heartening and frustrating to see those wiry little devils springing up on your head, despite the amazing shampoo and conditioner that you just used So, here is a list of life-saving serums that you can use to tame those wild beasts.
1. L’oreal Smooth Intense Instant Smoothing Serum
- This does a decent enough job to manage those devils.
- Smells amazing.
- Avoid applying to scalp, can cause dandruff.
- Protects hair if you are using heat-styling products like blow dryers, curling irons, and straightening irons.
- Has the tendency of attracting dirt and you might end up wanting to wash your hair just the next day.
2. Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Serum
- Works really well.
- Avoid applying on scalp.
- Best applied on hair tips.
- Smells good, fruity scent.
3. Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- Natural yet effective way of fighting those frizzy devils.
- No side effects, extra virgin olive oil has been proven to improve hair quality, so you can use it without a fear.
- May weigh down hair, if applied more.
- Best used when you are not in a mood of styling your hair, doesn’t provide heat protection effectively.
4. Parachute Advansed Ayurvedic Hot Oil:
- Effective in taming frizzes.
- Won’t provide heat protection.
- Smells ayurvedic and if you apply it more than the safe limit, you will end up camouflaging all the amazing fragrance you just acquired washing your hair with the shampoo and conditioner.
5. Matrix Biolage Hair Serum:
- Does work effectively.
- Amazing fragrance.
- Weighs down hair on applying more.
- Best applied in small quantity near the hair tips.
Facts about Leave-In Serums:
- The hair serum coats your hair’s strands , offering a layer of protection and smoothing over tendencies toward frizz.
- Serums can be used on dry as well as semi-dry hair. Usually, if you visit a salon for a hair wash, you can catch them applying some after detangling your hair or maybe before if your hair is too unruly.\
- Make it a rule of thumb to apply only three to four drops of serum to your hair, no more than that!!!
- Apply the serum to your hair tips. Avoid going down the scalp, no matter how much you are tempted. You will just experience oiliness and dandruff too (in many cases).
- Apply serum before you style your hair. Most hair serums have heat protectants in their list.
- Any serum has the ability to weigh down your hair if applied more. So, no matter how tempting you find its use or its fragrance, avoid going overboard!!
- There are different types of serum available in the market, some claim to help manage your frizzes, some help protect against styling tools, some provide sun protection. I believe that using a serum that provides UV protection is a great idea if you step out in the sun too often.
- Girls with fine hair might find the use of serums to really weigh down their hair.
- Effects may wear off during the course of the day and you might find yourself searching for it again.
- Take a few drops into your hands and rub them with both your hands onto your hair for proper distribution.
- Serums are best applied on slightly wet hair. Applying the lot to dry hair might not be as effective and you might end up using more of the product as there is no lubrication to help spread the product.
- Mostly all serums will help your hair get that shine and gloss with a sweet smell, while protecting your hair at the same time. I’ve never found the perfect serum, every product has some pros and cons. So, don’t get too confused while selecting a product.
- If you don’t usually use heat styling tools, then go for the extra virgin olive oil and the hot oil for minimal damage and well as for maintenance, because they don’t have any side effects.They are typically light oils and double up as serums.
- If you do a lot of styling , it’s best to go for a salon product. If you are confused, just consult your stylist.
So, get yourself a good serum and avoid having a bad hair day again!
Matrix Biolage Smoothing Hair Serum Review
Habibs Hair Serum Review
Redken Hair Serum Review
Loreal Professional TEC Liss Control Hair Serum Review
Hair Serum: All about Hair Serums
Matrix Split End Hair Serum Review
Wella High Hair Gloss Serum Review
Wella Hair Loss System Professional Energy Serum Review
The Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum Review
Loreal Smooth Intense Serum Review
L’oreal Professionnel Shine Perfecting Serum Liss Ultime Review
Livon Silky Potion Review
Avon Advanced Techniques Hair Frizz Control Review
7 Homemade Remedies for Hair Split Ends
L’oreal Oiliss Anti-frizz Leave-in Serum Review
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
How to Manage Frizzy Curly Hair