Biotique Bio Fruit Lightening Lip Balm
Hello everyone, I’m so happy that I came across IMBB. Thanks to Rati and all your wonderful reviews, I’ve started becoming choosy and a tad more knowledgeable as to what would suit me and what to expect from the products. Though I chanced upon this site when I was looking for skin care routine/products, these days I’m trying out the make up products also.
I love lip balms and glosses. So yeah, I liked the review about lotus lip balms here and went to the store to pick them up. I’ve pigmented lips so I thought of picking one with sunscreen in it and which also takes care of moisturizing the lips. When I was looking at the lotus stuffs, I found this pretty green tiny one from Biotique. It is Bio Fruit Lightening Lip Balm. It says it ‘Lightens and Evens-out lip tones’.
I’ve liked many Biotique products before and they have been good to my skin and hair. So I thought of giving Biotique Bio Fruit Lightening Lip Balm a try and picked it up.
Price: Rs. 99
Ingredients: Angur(Vitis Vinifera) 2.0%, Vach (Acorus Calamus) 1.5%, Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra) 2.0%, Badam(Prunus amygaldus) 1.5%, Surajmukhi (Helianthus annus) 2.5%, Kusumbhi (Carthamus tinctorius) 4.0%, Til (Sesamum indium) 4.5%, Erandi (Riinus communis) 12.0%, Marham Base Q.S.
Quantity: 0.6 oz. /16gm
What it says about Biotique Bio Fruit Lightening Lip Balm on the carton? Fruit has been the elixir of life since the beginning of time, rich in vitamins, nutrients and skin brighteners. This de-pigmentation balm visibly lightens lips for a fairer skin tone.
How to use it? Smooth on or around bare lips, alone or under lipstick.
Pros of Biotique Bio Fruit Lightening Lip Balm
• It is based on an ayurvedic recipe so it doesn’t harm the skin in any way. It says in the pack – ‘This is not a cosmetic product. It has therapeutic properties’.
• The price is decent for the quantity. And it stays put for around two hours or so.
• You need very little of the balm for one time. So I guess, it will last longer. And it says that you can use it for 3 years from the date of manufacturing. Actually this claim in herbal products always leaves me in doubt. How can an herbal product stay unharmed for so long????
• The fragrance is mild. It is a fruity one but not overpowering. I can smell grapes. :-)
• It moisturizes well. Haven’t faced any flakiness or dryness after using this. It doesn’t leave a cast.
• It has a mild brownish red color to it. So you can actually just use it alone without your lipstick.
• The packaging is very cute. You would have seen the Big green dabbas of Biotique Pappaya scrub and their other creams. Now shrink it to fit your palm and that’s how this lip balm looks:
• There is a plastic cover inside the outer cover to protect the balm.
Cons of Biotique Bio Fruit Lightening Lip Balm
• No SPF. So it is basically only to cure de-pigmentation but if you want to prevent de-pigmentation, you might need to get some thing with SPF in it.
• If you use it under your lipstick, it may alter the color of the lipstick as the lip balm has a light color to it as mentioned. This needn’t be a con and you can actually try it with your lipsticks and bring out different shades.
• Yes, it comes in a tub so you have to be extremely careful about it. It can attract dirt easily. When you see the consistency it is a little runny than Vaseline so I guess it could have been packaged in a tube like think that we get for lip glosses. It would have been more convenient.
• And since it is a bit runny(guess because it has til and castor oil in it), it starts bleeding around the edges of your lips after some time if you have used more of this balm. It can give you a slight Cullen look So just be careful about how much of the balm you need.
Note: this runniness can also be attributed to the humid Chennai weather. So you can try it out and see how it suits you.
Honestly, m not sure about the lightening of the skin tone. I’ve been using it for just 10 days and I think it will take some more time to find out if it actually lightens the lips. But so far I’m happy with the moisturizing effect and the light color pay off of the balm.
And thanks to the diy tips in this blog, I’ve been scrubbing my lips with honey-olive oil-sugar scrub twice a week. So along with this balm I’m hoping to see some good results. Maybe then I can wear lippies more confidently.
My take on the product: I use it only at home, mainly due its runny consistency. I will be picking up a chapstick with SPF in it when I go out.
IMBB points: 3.5/5
Hope you liked my review. This is the first time I’m writing for this blog. Do let me know your comments. Ho and I’m sorry, I’m not very good at taking snaps… hope u got the idea anyway.
Have You Used Biotique Bio Fruit Lightening Lip Balm Before? Please Rate in the Box Below:
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!