Biotique Seaweed Eye Gel and Almond Under eye Cream- Review
Hi All IMBB beauties,
It’s been eons since I wrote anything on IMBB… Thanks to the Jaundice virus!!
But I have not wasted my absence of a month. I have been thinking about various makeup looks that I would soon try out and show all of you.
But today, it’s a review.
Now, I don’t have very obvious or deep dark circles. But, spending 8-10 hrs in front of a computer screen comes with a price. So I decided on getting myself something to protect my under-eye area from further damage.
Rati raves about the Aroma magic under-eye cream but I couldn’t find it in my city. (Old story!!) So I got myself the Biotique Almond Under eye cream. The SA insisted and persisted till I bought the Biotique Seaweed Eye gel too.
According to her, the gel is for day time and the cream is for night time. So it is. And she added that I would get the “best results” if I use both of them together.
Here are the two products.
Both of them cost Rs. 135/- (each) for 16 g of product.
Both the products have a shelf life of 3 years.
I’ll talk about the Seaweed Eye Gel first.
The packaging is alright. It says:
- Seaweed eye gel
- For day use
- Bio Weed
- Removes dark circles under the eyes and increases blood circulation and brightness of the eyes.
1% Chinai Grass (Seaweed extract)
1.5% Badam Tail (Almond Oil)
0.3% Jaiphal Tail (Nutmeg Oil)
2.1% Madhu (Honey)
Q.S. Parishrut Jal (Gel Base)
Directions for use: Pat on eye area every morning and massage gently.
This is what I think:
- The gel is light and is easily absorbed into the skin.
• A really really tiny amount is needed. The amount in the pic is enough to cover both eyes.
- The good thing about the gel is that it instantly cools my tired/burning eyes after I have spent a good couple of hours in front of my PC.
- The bad thing is: It does nothing else.
- It has no moisturizing effect.
- It has a very medicinal smell.
- Absolutely no reduction in puffiness.
- Despite of being meant for day wear, has no SPF content.
- If I apply a bit more of the gel, to get some moisture, it makes my under eye area sticky.
- I have seen no changes in my under eye area despite of using it religiously for over a month.
- I have now stopped using it completely.
- I am not sure about the shelf life too. I used this gel at least 3-4 months ago. And I opened it after a good couple of months for this review. And I can definitely think it has congealed and has become thicker than before.
Final verdict: :star: … Only for the cooling effect.
I will never buy it again and would strongly advise everybody against it.
Let’s talk about the Almond Under eye Cream.
The pack says:
- Almond under eye cream
- For use at night
- Bio Almond
- Removes puffiness and dark circles under the eyes.
- Improves eye sight and brightness.
- 0.5% Jaiphal Tail (Nutmeg oil)
- 1.3% Badam Tail (Almond Oil)
- 5.2% Surajmukhi Tail (Sunflower Seed oil)
- 5.0% Bihidana Luvab (Quince Seed gel)
- Q.S. Cream base
Directions for use: Massage gently under the eye area.
Here is what I think:
- The cream is very thick. It takes its time in getting absorbed.
- It’s good for massaging the under eye area, albeit gently.
- It moisturizes the under eye area very well.
- It has to be applied at night. You can’t possibly wear such a thick cream during the day.
- It too has a different but medicinal smell.
- Although, it did nothing to brighten the under eye area, it at least moisturizes well.
- But the thing is I have plenty of creams (Nivea classic amongst the best) who would do that.
- I applied this too zealously for over a month. When I visited the same store again, the SA told me that I would have to keep applying it regularly for6 months before I see any change. And I don’t even have dark circles!!!
- So I dropped it.
- The worst thing about it is that IF it enters your eye, it burns like hell.
- The gel not that much, but the cream!!! It seriously burns.
- So at the end of it, me not happy.
Final verdict: :star: :star: for the moisturizing effect.
I would never buy it again and would advise against it.
I was disappointed at both these products. Although, very few products that claim to remove dark circles actually work. But I had expected better from Biotique.
Anyways, I now think I should get the Aroma magic cream before I make another stupid purchase.
Lots of love,