Sunscreens are so important to skin only for protecting the skin from the sun, but for long term damage also. Used proper sunscreen it can delay the ageing process and keep wrinkles to minimum. For my part, my photo-sensitive skin would badly break-out if I go without it not to mention the pigmentation ad the sun burn So, I try not to skip it even when I am home. Let me tell you about this sunscreen I used about a year ago. My dermatologist had suggested I use a high sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 ***. I have been using the Lakme Sunscreens for too long but after using those for around six years and seeing them through so many new packages and compositions and texture at last I came to realize they were keeping my skin okayish but never doing anything to tan and pigmentation. So, I decided to give Biotique a try. I had heard so many good reviews about this. May be they are good but here is what I experienced. But at the end I had to turn to my Dermatologist suggested sunscreen for the complete relief. The complete review
Price: 180 INR
Quantity: 210 ml
Composition: take a look
What the company claims:
Shelf-life 3 years
What I like about Biotique Sunscreen SPF 75
- It has SPF 75
- It is quite moisturizing. Dry skinned people would like this one
- The quantity is quite good.
- Blends nicely.
- Smells good.
- Did not break me out. It feels soothing on the first application.
What I dislike about Biotique Sunscreen SPF 75
- It has SPF 75 but no PA +++ so no ultimate sun-protection.
- It did nothing to my pigmentation. No dark-spot reduction nothing.
- It claims to be suitable for all skin types but it is terribly oily. The moment I put it on during the summers I sweat like a pig and this gets washed away.
- Not at all fit for oily skin. It’s terribly moisturizing and yet not hydrating. I’m wearing it as a moisturizer. My skin is terribly dry during winters and I have to put on cold creams to regain the balance. Yet, this makes my skin oilier than in the summers. So a big turn off.
Ultimately it fails in its main purpose of sun-protection.
A few pointers:
- It claims to be fit for use on body and skin, see the first picture. The front label says that. Yet the direction asks you to put it on body. No word about face. So, I think it’s a beautiful instance of equivocation. To call it a face product or a body one?
- It has no PA***. The lower SPFs are priced higher for the same quantity. So what how come SPF 50 is priced higher than SPF 75? I’m very curious about this. So is it finally a body lotion or a facial one?
Shall I repurchase? No. Not at all
My rating: :-* :-* + 0.5 out of 5 because it works as a good moisturizer.
Have you used Biotique Sunscreen SPF 75? Please rate in the box below.
Also Read :