Last month I was invited for the launch of Bobbi brown Cosmetics in India. I was sooo excited. During my travels abroad, I have always made sure that I picked up Bobbi Brown stuff. How could I miss my chance to welcome such a great brand to India.
The Bobbi Brown store is located at G13 B, Select CITYWALK, District Center Saket, New Delhi. It will be open on all days of the week from 10am – 9pm. You can book a slot there for learning some basic makeup lessons apart from buying the products, of corse. They want to encourage the makeup teaching part as well through their stores.
I am sharing reviews of the products I got in a goody bag along with the chocies and almonds. ;) And some makeup wisdom Eliano generously shared with me. Hope you enjoy the post.
I am wearing all this makeup reviewed below in this post HERE
Bobbi Brown Blush Pale Pink : I am in love with this blush. It is a cool toned bright pink blush. It instantly gives that fresh rose pink glow to the face.
- superbly long lasting- more than 6 hours.
- blends seamlessly
- love the sleek square packaging
- does not accentuate the pores
- can be worn both during the day and evening AND summers and winters.
- the shade might clash for those with very strong yellow undertones. But give this a try. would work for those with dusky skin tones as well.
- Rating : 5/5
Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eyeshadow Heather : Except the color, I love everything about this eyeshadow. It is a greyish purple color, which would be super flattering on those with green eyes. I would be checking it out for other shades. But I’d review it based on all other aspects:
- a thin layer goes a long way. It’s super easy to use on those rush days.
- Does not crease AT ALL. I have slightly oily lids and I apply it on top of a primer and this eyeshadow never ever creases.
- gives you enough blend time before setting.
- looks best when smoothened with finget tips.
- comes in a pretty pot, which surprisingly is not very heavy.
- Rating : 4/5
Bobbi Brown Powder Eyeshadow Bone : If you don’t have an eyeshadow for inner corners, you NEED to have Bone. It has become such a must have product for me that I have to apply it every time I do makeup. It’s just brilliant.
- it stays on long.
- the color is lovely cream white. It blends in beautifully with Indian skin tones.
- no shimmer so looks really nice during day time.
- Great brow bone highlighter.
- very pigmented.
- not at all chalky.
Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner Black Ink : I LOVE Bobbi brown Gel Eyeliners. There are no two ways about it. Since the time I got to know that Bobbi brown was opening in India, I refrained myself my buying a new gel eyeliner. I don’t think I am using any other gel eyeliners from now on. This one is super black. Read detailed review of Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner Here
Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner Brush : It is a pointy eyeliner brush. Works excellent. The pointy tip makes it easier to get the inner corners and is helpful for creating winged eye lines. ummm.. it’s not my favourite but I have used it a few times and it works just fine. Can be skipped.
Bobbi Brown Intensifying Long Wear Mascara : I thought this would be an interesting mascara considering the super sleek brush. but the only thing it does is what it states – it stays on long without feathering or clumping. I love the brush for the lower lashes and for catching the corner lashes. But otherwise it does not add much volume or length to the lashes. Not on my recommendation list.
Bobbi Brown Matte Lipstick True Pink : This lipstick is love at first swipe. The texture, the creaminess, the color, the feel..everything is just so yummy. I am so going back for these lip colors. It is also a very pigmented lipstick and does not have any weird fragrance. It stays on for good 5 + hours without drying out my lips. The only thing you have to be careful with these is that your lips are in good condition before you wear these. I’d give it a 6/5
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in bronze: This one you already know. Read full review HERE
l-r cream eyeshadow heather, black in gel eyeliner, true pink lipstick, pale pink blush, bone eyeshadow, shimmer brick
The favourite part about my job is that I get to meet these magical makeup artists. I have learnt so much from these amazing makeup artist from various brands. I was fortunate enough to meet Eliano Bou Assi, Regional Artistry & Education expert from Bobbi Brown. He taught so many thing in that one hour session. I am sharing some of his tips below and also the gorgeous everyday makeup he created for their in-house model.
Some fabulous learnings from Eliano :
- Always moisturise your face and eye area.
- Always do blush and lips before eye makeup. Since most women find it difficult to do eye makeup, blush and lipstick would pretty much give a lift to your features. Hence, you would require pretty much minimal makeup for eyes.
- Concealer is the secret of the universe.
- Powder only where it is required. If you have dry skin and you think you don’t need to powder your face, don’t. Mostly people get oily on the T Zone so powder only that area.
- Smile when you apply the blush.
- There should not be any lines on your face after applying blush.. everything should look seamless and well blended.
- Never forget your eyebrows. And never use black for the eyebrows.
- Use two kinds of concealers for under eyes – a peach toned corrector to discard any blue or green undertones and a yellow based concealer to brighten up the under eye area.
- Use two kinds of blushes – a deeper tone for plane of the cheek and a bright pop color or the apples of the cheeks.
- Don’t use eye cream on your eye lids.
Eliano created this everyday look on this gorgeous model. He followed the ‘pretty powerful makeup’ lesson that Bobbi encourages. He did full face makeup including the liner and mascara. And took the same look from day to night by adding just a hint of shimmer cream eyeshadow on her lids.
And here’s a video of Bobbi Brown’s pretty Powerful makeup lesson.
PS : I don’t have the prices of the products atm but I’d update them in a few days.
Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick Review
Bobbi Brown Color Corrector Review
Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm Review
Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Eye Cream Review
Bobbi Brown Corrector In Dark Peach
Project “Swatch It” : 10 Bobbi Brown Corrector Swatches
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- bobbi brown corrector
- bobbi brown lipstick price in india