The Body Shop Nature’s Minerals Eye Color in “Pink Opal”
I haven’t played around much with any kind of eye make-up from The Body Shop. Not sure about their regular eye shadows, but the Nature’s Minerals Eye Shadows seemed too cute to resist plus, it was on a mega sale so I decided I would give this a shot
What is this?
Long-lasting, blendable, crease-resistant powder eye colour made from the purest minerals. A stunning shimmering powder palette, that applies evenly and blends easily to provide adjustable coverage. Preservative-free, fragrance-free. Dermatologically tested, opthalmologically tested, suitable for contact lens wearers
Price : Rs.657 / $13 for 1g.
Mica, Illite. [+/- CI 77891, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492]. The short ingredients list makes me feel it’s good quality stuff!!!
Shades Available : Golden Emerald, Pink Opal, Bronzed Amber, Molten Bronze, Vivid Amethyst, Deep Jade.
What I think about this?
‘Pink Opal’ is a shimmery, light pink shade that looks great as an all-over lid-color. In a pinch, I’ve even tried using this particular shade as a highlighter and it works pretty fine.The packaging of these eye colours are so cute. They come in a cute little pot with a sifter through which color comes out. This way, I can control the amount of product I want to dispense. I am not a big fan of eye color in loose powder-form, but this one seemed OK in terms of packaging. The eye shadow was not all over the place, for once!!! Once we start applying, there is very less fall out for a loose powder shadow. Pink Opal is one of the lightest shades and yet it’s not very sheer. The color payoff is pretty decent here. Texture wise, this is really finely milled hence, the glitter particles kinda stand out. It’s not chunky glitter, but is quite shimmery especially in the evenings. They are easily blend-able too
Here’s a swatch of “Pink Opal”.
Another one :
What I like about The Body Shop Nature’s Minerals Eye Color?
- Great pigmentation – The color is so true,the shimmer is quite wearable and not tacky at all. But, under very bright lights, the shimmer might stand out, so if you are looking for something without any kind of shimmer, then this particular shade is not for you
- With a good base, the color stays vibrant and lasts long without much creasing or fading. However, if applied alone they disappear after a while
- The packaging is pretty decent. There isn’t much wastage of product for a loose eye shadow.
- Free of preservatives and fragrances which makes it safe for everyone. A HUGE thumbs up for that!!!
What I dis-like about The Body Shop Nature’s Minerals Eye Color Nature’s Minerals Eye Color?
- Price – I think it’s too pricey for the job it does. The color selection is great but, with the staying power (without a good primer) of this one in mind, I feel it may be over-priced.
- Don’t even imagine travelling around with this one.
To sum up, I would say, this is worth trying out ( Especially the pinks and the greens ), but ONLY when on sale, not otherwise. I would not have grabbed this if it wasn’t on sale.The quality of these shadows are great, but I am still not sure if I would pay full price for these If you are like me and have not tried any eye colors from The Body Shop, then this might be a good start for you.