We have seen our actresses getting married over and over again onscreen, in different attires and in different settings. The curiosity and mystery deepens whenever a Bollywood actresses’ marriage is announced and most of us play the guessing game of what they would be wearing, which designer’s outfit they would pick up, and how many millions worth of jewellery they would be donning, and so on. Every minute detail is covered by media and the hype continues till the marriage. The last bollywood marriage was of Kareena Kapoor where it was a mix of royal and commonly practiced ceremonies. Let’s check out how our gorgeous actresses looked like on their D-day, whether they repeated their onscreen looks, and what jewellery they wore (I am not including the yesteryear actresses, let’s save it for some other day).
- Esha Deol: Esha Deol got married to businessman Bharat Takthani in 2012 in an elaborate ceremony. Esha wore the traditional red and orange lehenga designed by Neeta Lulla and was decked in gold jewellery. The bride’s mother was looking great too
- Genelia D’Souza: Riteish Deshmukh’s wedding to Genelia was a lavish affair spread over many days. She got married in a traditional Hindu Maharashtrian ceremony in red saree designed by Neeta Lulla and then later in the Church in a white wedding gown. Her white wedding gown was designed by Shantanu and Nikhil.
- Vidya Balan: This actress who has proved her acting caliber over and over again with each film got married to UTV Motion Pictures CEO Siddharth Roy Kapoor in 2012. She stuck to her usual designer Sabysachi for her wedding saree, which was a traditional bright red saree along with gold jewellery.
- Shilpa Shetty: Shilpa Shetty tied the knot with Raj Kundra in a Punjabi + South Indian wedding. She wore a Tarun Tahiliani lehenga and her jewels were from Anmol jewellers, all diamonds and gold.
- Lara Dutta: She married tennis ace Mahesh Bhupathi in a church wedding. While the groom wore the usual tuxedo, Lara Dutta looked resplendent in a Elie Saab wedding gown.
- Kareena Kapoor: Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan kept everyone guessing of when they would actually get married. Even when the D-date was announced, it looked like a tentative date only. Kareena Kapoor majorly wore Manish Malhotra outfits including a very simple suit with a red bridal dupatta for her registration.
- Kajol: This marriage happened a long time ago, but since she is still a much sought after actress, it is befitting to include her in this list. Kajol wed Ajay Devgn in a traditional Maharashtrian wedding ceremony complete with a dark green nine-yard saree. I think she looked simple yet beautiful.
- Aishwarya Rai: I always round up these type of articles with Aishwarya Rai – not making any change this time. Aishwarya Rai’s marriage to Abhishek Bachchan was a much-celebrated event. There was a lot of frenzy surrounding the marriage. The marriage was a mix of North and South Indian Bunt traditions. Ash looked like a million bucks on her marriage, the diamonds shining through the pics.
So, who do you think looked the best on their D-day, do comment below
Bollywood Actresses Without Makeup
8 Bollywood Actresses with Gorgeous Hair
Diet Secrets of Bollywood Celebrities
Top 5 Bollywood Movies for Fashion Inspiration
Towering Beauties of Bollywood
Bollywood Plastic Beauties
Makeup/ Fashion Lessons from Bollywood Actresses
Top 5 Bollywood Actresses with Good Makeup: IMBB Survey
Hair, Makeup and Fashion Trends of Bollywood Actresses of 1930′s
How To Remove Makeup From Face
How To Clean Makeup Brushes (With Photos)
The Thousand Rupee Makeup Challenge
Biotique Bio Color Moisture Glow Makeup with SPF 50
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- aishwarya rai marriage saree and jewellery
- aishwarya rai marriage photos