In many polls conducted in magazines and newspapers, Indian men, cutting across all sections have opined that Indian women look the most desirable in saree than in any other outfit. I am not a big fan of sarees, but I get saree as gifts a lot of times. Its good to wear them once in a while on certain occasions, but I have to admit bollywood divas look oh-so-gorgeous in sarees. They pull off the Kanjeevaram look with the same confidence and poise as when wearing an Elie Saab gown. Let’s check out some of the Bollywood divas who make sarees look great!
1. Deepika Padukone: Standing tall at 5 feet 9 inches, she looks absolutely marvelous in sarees. From walking the red carpet at film premieres to strutting on the carpet at Cannes, she oftens wears sarees and manages to look great every time.
2. Kareena Kapoor: OMG, isn’t that an awesome red saree. Another picture of Kareena Kapoor in a beautiful Chanderi saree.
3. Alia Bhatt: There’s just one picture of Alia Bhatt in saree and that’s a lovely pink net saree that she wore to the Marrakech Film Festival.
4. Sonakshi Sinha: You can catch this diva in saree in most of her films, but this picture is when she walked the ramp for a saree brand.
5. Karisma Kapoor: She’s one bollywood diva who would look good even in a gunny sack, this outfit is by Mahek Mirpuri.
6. Priyanka Chopra: This star never gets the fashion quotient wrong, even with the saree, she does it right.
7. Sonam Kapoor: Straight off the ramp, one of my favourite look of hers, the jewellery is exquisite and royal.
8. Shilpa Shetty: Like Karisma Kapoor, she looks awesome in all types of outfits.
9. Nargis Fakhri: My favourite color, Nargis in an awesome blue saree at the IIFA Awards 2012.
10. Sushmita Sen: Looking pretty in a print ad for a jewellery brand, red saree and temple jewellery, tradition at its best.
11. Rani Mukherjee: One of the few actresses who always gets it right with saree. Seen here in a Manish Malhotra gold saree with red border.
12. Kajol: Kajol looking her lively self after having walked the ramp in a Manish Malhotra saree.
13. Aishwarya Rai: The gorgeous beauty looking her elegant best in a saree. Another pic of hers in a bright yellow saree seems a very old one, but one of my favourite looks of the actress.
14. Lara Dutta: She is clicked here in a Manav Gangwani net saree.
15. Vidya Balan: Well, you would have hardly seen her in anything other than a saree. She makes every saree look beautiful.
16. Katrina Kaif: That’s the brightest pink I have seen, she looks nice though in this.
17. Shruti Hassan: Thumps up for this look, the hairstyle and the saree look perfect on her.
18. Madhuri Dixit: No words at all to describe this beauty, just
19. Kangana Ranaut: No comments, no comments on makeup also!
20. Sridevi: Another veteran diva who has an amazing dressing sense.
21. Anushka Sharma: Pretty sight, agree?
22. Chitrangada Singh: Walking in a black and golden border saree for designer Gaurang at the Lakme Fashion Week, at her charming best, isn’t it?
23. Shraddha Kapoor: The saree isn’t that great, what do you think?
24. Ileana D’Cruz: She is one actress to watch out for!
25. Aditi Rao Hydari: She appeared at the Filmfare Awards 2013 in a silver tone saree.
Bollywood Actresses who Lost Weight
Bollywood Actresses Without Makeup
Makeup/ Fashion Lessons from Bollywood Actresses
Siblings of Famous Bollywood Actresses
Top 5 Bollywood Actresses with Good Makeup: IMBB Survey
Hair, Makeup and Fashion Trends of Bollywood Actresses of 1930′s
8 Best Dressed Bollywood Actresses
Top Bollywood Actresses in Backless Dresses
Towering Beauties of Bollywood
8 Bollywood Actresses who have Undergone Plastic Surgery
Survey Result: Top 5 Bollywood Actresses With Best Makeup
Actresses Who Have Had Breast Implants
Top 10 Bollywood and Hollywood Plastic Surgery Disasters
Saree: Types of Sarees
The Charming World of Sarees
Traditional Saree Magic
Sonam Kapoor in Saree
8 Different Ways to Drape Saree