I love Bourjois eye pencils. I had reviewed their Kohl and Contour in Bleu Virtuose some time back and its one of the most-used eye pencils of mine. They are affordable and the quality is superb. Since I already own a blue color, I thought I will venture into green color this time. They have a good color selection and I was confused initially as to which one I should buy and finally picked up this beauty.
- 2 tone reflection for incredibly captivating eyes.
- A palette of original shades with 2 tone reflection.
- A colour spectrum effect.
- The duochrome effect is created by shimmer particles that change colour in the light.
- With highly concentrated pigments, it highlights eyes with intense and luminous shades.
- A gliding, soft lead.
- The comfortable, smooth and easy-to-blend formula, enriched with natural wax, makes easy application and intense colour in one stroke.
Rs. 330 for 1.17 gm.
Texture of the eye pencil is creamy and soft and it glides easily on the lids. In one stroke, it gives you good color payoff. It can be swiped two to three times for a more dark and intense color. The shimmer particles are not overly visible and not at all chunky or glittery. It just gives a beautiful shiny look and helps in reflecting the light. Bourjois claims that these shimmer particles change colour in the light, but since they are very tiny, we cannot exactly observe all that.
You can either use it as a normal eyeliner or apply it all over the lids like an eyeshadow. It can be used safely on the water line. It smudged only very little. Usually, no eyeliner stays on my water line for more than an hour. Even this one faded after an hour, but it left a green tint on the waterline for another hour more and then it disappeared. It blends easily with other eye shadows. While using it as an eyeliner, it glided beautifully, but when I applied it all over my lids like an eye shadow, it was tugging at the lids. Also, when I applied it all over my lids alone with no eyeshadow, and then tried to smudge it with a brush, it did not blend very easily and the color faded off a little too. Maybe you have to use it with an eyeshadow base. I am new to eye makeup and this is a beginner’s perspective, but you can easily apply it over a green eyeshadow and then blend it to get a beautiful shiny green color.
The shade “Noir Emeraude” is a dark olive green. Because of the shimmer particles in the liner, the color appears to be a mix of dark and light green. In one stroke, it gives you good color payoff, but not completely opaque. If you apply 3 swipes, the color becomes intense and it highlights the eyes beautifully. The color is not very bright and safe for girls who are starting to venture into the world of colored eye pencils. It is not one of those colors where people keep giving you second glances. If you use it as an eyeliner, you can safely wear it to work also.
Pros of Bourjois Regard Effet Duochrome Eyeliner – 57 Noir Emeraude:
- Creamy texture and glides easily on the eyelids.
- One stroke gives good color payoff.
- Shimmer particles give the effect of 2-tone color by reflecting light.
- Shimmer particles are very tiny and not overtly visible.
- Can be used as an eyeliner as well as an eyeshadow.
- Will not smudge or fade for 6 to 7 hours.
- Safe to use on the waterline also.
Cons of Bourjois Regard Effet Duochrome Eyeliner – 57 Noir Emeraude:
- While using it as an eyeshadow, there is slight tugging at the lids.
- It cannot be used alone as an eyeshadow all over the lids, since it does not blend easily with a brush.
- If used on the waterline, it will not stay for more than 2 hours.
- Smudges a little if you apply too much and do not set it.
Would I Recommend Bourjois Regard Effet Duochrome Eyeliner – 57 Noir Emeraude?
Absolutely yes. This is a great eyeliner which gives an intense dark green color, long staying, smudges very little and doubles up as an eye shadow too. They have some beautiful colors in this range, and at Rs. 330, you can safely pick one.
Bourjois Khol & Contour Eyeliner Pencil Review
Bourjois Paris Effet Smoky Eye Pencil and Effet 3D Max Lip Gloss Review
Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (Black)
Bourjois Single Eyeshadow + Bourjois Foundation
Bourjois Volumizer Mascara Review
Bourjois Rose Exclusif Lip Gloss Review
Bourjois Paris 10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation
Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner-REVIEW
Maybelline EYESTUDIO Vivid & Smooth Eye Liner
Rimmel Liquid Eyeliner and Rimmel Pencil Eyeliner Review
Ambika Pillai Liquid Eyeliner
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner (Twinkle) Photos, Swatches
Victoria’s Secret Brilliant Glitter Liquid Liner
VOV Liquid Eyeliner
Colorbar Color Intense Liquid Liner Photos, Swatches
Daily Beauty Tips : How To Apply Liquid Eyeliner
Rimmel Liquid Eyeliner and Rimmel Pencil Eyeliner