This is my first review of a Clinique product. I have used Clinique’s 3-step skincare regimen for years, but haven’t used its makeup line a whole lot. I have always associated Clinique with skincare and never really branched out to its makeup line. Every time I think of high-end makeup, only a couple of brands stand out, mainly MAC and a few products from NARS.
Some time back, as I was passing by a Clinique counter, I decided to try out a gift set with products that I could compare with MAC. The lip shade in the set was Raspberry Glace, which is one of the colors from Clinique’s “Different” line of lipsticks.
Clinique describes its Different lipsticks as “Different because of its smooth, comfortable feel. Moderate coverage in a remarkable range of shades, from cream to pearl. Every one packed with rich emollients.” Shade available in 20 shades.
According to Clinique, Raspberry Glace is a midtone blue-pink with a soft shimmer. To me, it looks like a berry shade vibrant pink with fine gold shimmer.
What I Love about Clinique Different Lipstick in Raspberry Glace:
• Raspberry Glace looks really bright and intense in the tube, but is actually quite wearable. It is one of those shades that is neither too sheer nor too bright and can be paired with both Indian and Western wear.
• Different Lipsticks are said to have medium coverage and wearable colors. The last part is especially true since the colors are not completely opaque and go on quite sheer in one swipe.
• This particular shade makes the whole complexion look bright and also makes the teeth look whiter. I prefer to use it with a light hand, just one or two swipes for a very natural bright look.
• The shimmer in the lipstick is fine and not glittery. This slight shimmer gives a slightly frosty look to the lip but nothing too overwhelming. In fact, because of the slightly frosty shimmery sheen it imparts, the color looks different in different lights.
• The consistency is creamy and moisturizing and goes on my lips really smooth. There is no drying feeling at all and I have tried using this lipstick even without a lipbalm.
• There is no discernible taste or flavor which I prefer to weird tastes/smells in lip products.
• Raspberry Glace is a very versatile color. Both my mom and I share this lippie and it looks good on both of us.
• A nice alternative to a bright red or a fuchsia pink lipstick.
• A gorgeous shade for pigmented lips. I tend to stay away from sheer formula of lip products, but Raspberry Glace is totally buildable.
What I Don’t Love about Clinique Different Lipstick in Raspberry Glace:
• The staying power is strictly okay, lasts for about 2-3 hours.
• Even though the frost is not overpowering, I feel it reduces the impact of the pretty color in the tube. If this were a semi-matte formula, the color would have been much prettier on the lips. As gorgeous as it looks in the packaging, it falls way short on the lips.
• With this particular shade, I can’t seem to pull off a lot of eye looks. Everything just looks too bright and the same applies to the cheek colors. With this shade, a very muted blush and a very neutral eye looks the best.
• The packaging is strictly okay. Although, I have nothing to complain about, I feel for $14 or so, the tube should have been classier.
• Not for someone who prefers nudes or natural colors.
• Should look better on people with cool skin tones. I feel with Indian skintones, it just lacks that little bit of warmth. A couple of swipes look very pretty, but if applied with a heavy hand, the color comes off as quite frosty and slightly artificial looking.
• It could be just me, but “Different” is just a very awkward choice of word to describe a line of lipsticks.
(This is how it looks on me).
3 out of 5.
Will I Repurchase?
Even though Raspberry Glace is a nice color, it’s nothing extraordinary. For a similar price, I would much rather get MAC lipsticks which are my absolute favorite high-end lipsticks for their wonderful texture, smell, pigmentation and staying power. I also believe that I can find great dupes for this particular color in other drugstore brands. I was expecting a Clinique lipstick to blow me away, but unfortunately, it is just a standard decent lipstick. I don’t think I will buy another Clinique lipstick again. Maybe if I find an absolutely fantastic must-have color, I might but not otherwise, disappointed!
Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20
Clinique All About Eyes Eye Gel
Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover
Clinique Foundation Review- Superfit Makeup
Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Review – Dark Chocolate
Clinique Comforting Cream Cleanser
Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer With SPF 15
Clinique High Impact Lip Colour Rosette
Clinique Up-lighting Liquid Illuminator- Natural
Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector and Pore Minimizer Thermal-Active Skin Refiner
Clinique Deep Comfort Hand and Cuticle Cream
Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
Clinique Clarifying Lotion Reformulated
Clinique Fresh Bloom All Over Colour Review: Almond Blossom
Clinique 3 Step Skin Care System Review: Dry-Combination Skin
Clinique Long Last Glosswear SPF 15: Clearly Pink
Clinique Workshop and 3-step Anti Blemish Solutions
Clinique Sun SPF 50 Face Cream
Clinique Anti-Blemish Spot Treatment Gel
Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Corrector
Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Clinique Long Last Soft Shine Lipstick Bamboo Pink
Clinique Goodies :Quick blush, Fresh Bloom, Lipstick, Quickliner
Clinique High Impact Lip Colour Rosette Review, Swatch
Clinique Long Last Glosswear SPF 15: Clearly Pink
Clinique Long Last Gloss Wear SPF 15: Air Kiss
Eyes: Different Eye Makeup Styles
Types of Fringes / Bangs for Different Face Shapes
TBS Raspberry Lip Balm Vs Lotus Vanilla Lip Balm
Lakme Enrich Lipcolor Classics 152 Raspberry Crush
Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly Blusher in 01 Raspberry
Maybelline Colorsensational Lipgloss in 055 Raspberry Sorbet