Dark circles around the eyes can take so much out of our looks. They can make us appear so old, tired, ill and unattractive. Concealers and other cosmetic products help but only to a certain extent. So what do you do to get rid of those horrible dark patches adding years to your appearance?
Diet for under eye circles:
These diet tips will not zap your under eye circles overnight, nor by consuming only these foods you will do any good to your skin and health. These are just pointers that may remind you the things you lack in your diet. A balanced diet is what you need for a healthy body and skin.
• Avoid excess intake of salt: Intake of too much iodine may be linked to under eye problem for some people. Excess iodine can contribute to water retention which can further lead to under eye circles. Regular consumption of cucumbers, watermelons and celery prevents the water retention problem and hence is helpful in treating under-eye circles.
• Include fiber in your diet: Fiber in the form of cereal, grains, beans and lentils help to eliminate body toxins. Accumulation of toxins is one of the main causes of various skin problems.
• Increase your intake of iron-rich foods: Vegetarians can go for lots of spinach, prunes, lentils, seeds, oatmeal, and brown rice. While others can also include egg yolks, lean beef, and chicken in their diets.
• Water is your best friend: You must have heard or read it more than thousand times by now. Drink at least 8 glasses of water to hydrate and moisturize your skin. Water also helps to flush out toxins from our body.
• Eating foods rich in folic acid or taking a vitamin B and fish oil supplements is a good idea as well. If you find yourself unable to meet your daily nutritional requirements, invest in a good multivitamin and take it daily.
• Consume foods containing antioxidant pigments, like cranberries, bilberries, black currant, onions, legumes, and parsley to remove dark circles.
To keep under-eye dark circles away from you always remember to:
• Apply sunscreen before going out.
• Wear sunglasses to protect eyes from harmful UV rays.
• Creams that contain Vitamin C and E also help to reduce dark circles.
Hope this post may be of some help to you. What do you do avoid dark circles?
Under Eye Dark Circles: Jovees 24 Carat Gold Eye Contour Gel
Bobbi Brown Color Corrector Review
How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Under the Eyes
Clinique All About Eyes Eye Gel Review
Colorbar Stick Concealer Review
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars
How to Get a Clear Skin Complexion
How to Care for Combination Skin
Blemishes– Causes & Skin Care
Skin Care for Oily Skin
Dry Skin Care: Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Daily Skin Care Regimen for Working Women
Top 7 Skin Myths about Acne
Glycolic Acid Peel for Acne
Acne: Types, Causes and Cure
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!