A few days back here on IMBB I saw A durga Puja Haul on IMBB. There I saw a beauty which is Elle 18 eye pencil.It is from Elle 18 Color Bombs Range. It caught my eyes and obsessed as I am now a days with eye pencils it did not fail to attract me. A few days ago I went out for a mini haul and came out with three of these pencils. I’ll show you the haul later(it was also based on IMBB ravings). I got these pencils in silver(whitish), moss green and purple. I also wanted the blue one but that was out of stock then and surely I’m going to get hold of it when I go out shopping again. Let me show you the pencils.
The three obsessions: (from left)silver spark, purple pataka, green grenade
The pencils are quite fat and big like the lakme kajals (satin or the regular one). And I guess they will last for ages until I get bored and want to do away with them. 😛 I also think the concept might be like NYX jumbo pencils which as from the review here on IMBB and from youtube hear are super creamy and super creasy and can be used even as a shader pencil.iIthink that colored eye-pencils are great especially if you stay out a lot and don’t have the time or scope enough to do ypur make-up with a relaxed mood. For me eye-pencils serve multipurpose. I use them as liner or as eyeshadows like every one. But they are specially helpful when I’m going somewhere straight after my class gets over. I can just pick out my little mirror and jazz up in no time at all.
Now, the review
Price:85 INR each. I got some discount.
Shelf-life: 24 months from manufacture.
This is going to be a very short review. So I’ll come to the pros and the cons directly.
The Pros of Elle 18 Eye Sparklers
- You guessed it. Comes dirt cheap for such a quantity.
- Pigmentation is quite good.
- Very very creamy but can be blended in nicely.
- It acts as a good eye-shadow base provided you blend it properly.
- Can be used as shader pencils but you have to blend it well to achieve that subtle look.
- The white one stayed on my waterline without smudging for quite sometime.
The Cons of Elle 18 Eye Sparklers
- They might sting your eyes. The purple one stung like hell when I tried on the waterline. But the silver one never stung me. To be sure of it I used it more than once or twice with the same result. No stinging with the silver one but bad with the purple one.
- The super-creamy texture make them bad as eye shadows as they crease crease and crease horribly. I find it strange that they do good on the waterline.
- Because of the texture cant be layered for a deeper kind of look. So, if you intend to use them as eye shadows you can only create subtle look. Which for me is not bad keeping in mind what I’m paying.
Shall I repurchase Elle 18 Eye Sparklers? I don’t know because I get bored of something if I use it for a long time and I know it will be years before I finish them. But I will look for the blue shader of course.