Last time I got the eye sparklers from Elle 18. Rati’s article informing that Elle 18 has launched Color Bombs was giving me sleepless nights like Neha. : P. I had decided not to purchase any other make-up until I have finished at least few of my sixty-something lipsticks and twenty something glosses. I know many of you have the same number but I feel sick to use the same things for so many years.
Any way I thought well adding one to each is not that bad an idea especially when it comes so cheap. I also had to get gifts for my cousin and my father and got them small bottles of after shave. For the Elle 18 shopping, I wanted to keep it limited. AS such not all the Elle 18 colors have hit the stores and none of the shops has the entire range. So, I fluttered from shop to shop and got hold of a nail paint, a lip-gloss, a lippie and an eye-liner. I did not get the Ell 18 Kajal because I’m not much of a kohl person and except for long-stay ones No kajal would stay on my lower lash line. So, I did’nt think it would have been a good investment at all at least for me. Now I’ll be reviewing each of the products separately. But why I review separately You will see. There’s a lot to tell you about them or may be there’s a lot of things I thought of them Which you might like to know. Let me start with the nail paint.
Price: 45 INR I got it for 42
Quantity: 5 ml
Shelf Life: 36 months from packed
I got the 01 shade which is a beautiful shimmery deep rich purple. I wanted the deep blue and green. But it those were not there in any of the shops. The shops were flooded with a peach, yellow, purple, jade, etc. except for the peach I noticed almost all the shades have shimmers in them.
But I liked it more when I put it on my nail
Here’s the look. See, it deep purple. The color itself is deep and even a single coat is sufficient. I’m wearing a double coat. It’s freshly applied and I didn’t have time enough to clean up the sides and do all that stuff to make it look beautiful
Now the CONS of Elle 18 Nail Pops
- It’s a tiny bottle. What can I expect for such cheap price? But the bottle is round which would make it difficult to pick up the paint when it goes down half the bottle. It will be very difficult as per my understanding when we use up the last bits by tilting them side ways.
- The brush: It’s the worst brush ever. I thought their revamping the packaging would mean a better quality pack but it was just the opposite. The tiny bottles that were available had much much better quality of brushes than this one. The brush is too soft to apply the paint properly. More over it is not even. So, all the more difficult to apply the paint. Here’s a look.
See, how bad it is.
- Moreover, the brush is stubby and short. I don’t think it reaches deep inside the pot . and unless you use the good brushes of your finished top-coats, a good amount of nail paint will be wasted.
The PROS of Nail Pops
- Cheap cheap cheap (an echo of Mrunmayee’s free free free:P).
- The color pay off is quite good. One coat is enough to give you a beautiful color. It makes me believe that the quality of the nail paint itself is quite good. In spite of the bad brush, it went evenly on my nails. But that might be because it is new and so liquid. What will happen later I can’t tell.
- The package is sooo cute.
Shall I repurchase? Yes, I will. For whatever it is the colors themselves are good. And I don’t mind investing little money in it however bad the brushes are.
Rating : :-* :-*:-* :-*
Have you used Elle 18 Nail Pops?
Further Reading :