Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place ShadowCreme
Until pretty recently I was oblivious to the cream variety of eye shadows. I was introduced to them, and the magic they can create on one’s eyelids, by watching makeup videos on YouTube. Cream eyeshadows not only work as great bases, but are also a great alternative for their powder and liquid counterparts. Estee Lauder offers Double Wear Stay-in-Place Shadowcreme (fancy name!) that is guaranteed to give you vibrant color and stay in place for 15 hours(on your lids)! I decided to check their cream eyeshadows out. According to Estee Lauder’s website:
- “Creme eyeshadow delivers intense color that lasts up to 15 hours and goes on fast.
- It’s stay-true color at your fingertips with matte to demi-pearl finishes.
- Creamy formula goes on smoothly, blends easily.
- Seamless coverage won’t crease or fade.
- Can be worn alone or layered under powder eyeshadow.
- For all skin types and ideal for mature skin as it minimizes pulling and tugging of the delicate eyelid.”
- They’re available in a variety of shades, with some limited edition colors. I’m currently looking for Wild Orchid (My Macy’s was out of stock though!! :( )
- It really DOES last all day. Once I put it on it stays put until I wash my face thoroughly or use a makeup remover.
- No Primer needed. I have oily lids that shadow just slips off and need to use a primer if I’m wearing makeup for more than an hour. I don’t need to use a primer under this at all and when I use it as a base for other shadows, it makes them stay put too!
- No creasing. Before this I tried Revlon’s cream eyeshadow that creased ridiculously even over my primer. This one did not disappoint at all.
- Vibrant color. The color is buildable and in about two swipes the colors show up as vibrant on my lid as they are in the bottle and look like that all day.
- You get a LOT of product, one pot is probably going to last you years even with frequent use.
- Versatility. I use this as a base, shadow and also as a liner. Just use a liner brush and it works great as a liner too!
- It comes in a super cute pot. It’s glass and has a golden lid with the Estee Lauder logo on it.
- The texture of the shadow is very creamy.
- The price is quite steep for an eyeshadow. But taking into consideration how well it works it is worth the money.
- Blendability. Once I put it on my lids, it’s really hard to blend. When using it as a shadow, it’s impossible to blend it in with another color, so you basically have to wear it as a wash over you lid. It doesn’t interfere with blending the shadows on top of it when I use it as a base though, so I won’t complain much.
Verdict: Man I wish I had 10 hands to give this product 10 thumbs up! For me it’s my HG cream shadow! This product gets…. FIVE STARS! Source So if you’re ready to hit the Estee Lauder counter either for this product or another, here are some fun facts about the brand!
- - The companies name is pronounced “Estay Law-Durr”
- The company was founded in 1946 by Estee Lauder (real name Josephine Esther Mentzer) and her husband Joseph Lauder (that’s one power couple…!)
- Estee Lauder owns MAC Cosmetics, Clinique, Aveda, and other makeup and fashion brands! (The MAC thing was told to me by an Estee Lauder MA when I claimed MAC makeup was superior to Estee Lauder…um yeah you should have seen the look on my face…I was beyond embarrassed!)
- The brand is now sold in more than 135 countries and territories.
- The company’s headquarters are in Manhattan, New York.
Estee Lauder products are available in India at the following locations:
- New Delhi : Select City Walk Mall, District Center Saket Phone: 011-46151752
- Bangalore: UB City Mall, Vitthal Malaya Road Phone: 080- 4098200
- Mumbai: Tha Palladium, Phoenix Mills Phone: 022-434737
- You can also order the products online through Strawberry Net (www.strawberrynet.com)