I have suffered from moderate acne since my school days. I have visited dermatologists, tried over-the-counter brand treatments, and used various ointments, but nothing helped my skin to a large extent. I am heading towards my mid-twenties and I don’t have any problems with breakouts or too many pimples. I still get one or two pimples once in a while but that’s not a problem for me; the only problem is the scar mark that comes along with acne. And some of the marks are still persisting.
Before I start of, let me list a few benefits of TEA TREE OIL: Tea tree oil is an essential oil obtained by steam distillation of the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia, a plant native to Australia. It contains constituents called terpenoids, which have been found to have antiseptic and antifungal activity. The compound terpinen-4-ol is the most abundant and is thought to be responsible for most of tea tree oil’s antimicrobial activity. There are lots of products containing Australian Tea tree oil, this oil is becoming more known now days. It can solve so many skin problems including:
- minor skin infections
- uneven skin tone
- cold sores
- toenail infections
- athletes foot
- body odor
- dandruff etc..etc…
Coming back to the product:
Its price: Rs.125/- (Indian rupees)
About The Fab India TEA TREE FACH WASH : The Fab India TEA TREE FACH WASH comes in a generous bottle green tube with a handy click cap, the face wash is gel based but I find the consistency to be a little runny. The gel itself is green in color with a transparent base. It CLAIMS on getting rid of stubborn blackheads and effectively controls acne while moisturizing enough to keep your skin soft with every wash. The smell is somewhat medicated type, like raw aloe Vera, which is not pleasant at all.
Recommended for: Oily skin Main ingredients: oil, glycerin, tea tree oil, shea butter.
Features: Firming, Lightening, Nourishing, Pigmentation, Pore cleaner, anti bacterial & anti fungal.
How I use it: I take some drops of face wash on my palm and massage my face. Rinse off with water and pat dry. I follow up with a moisturizer and off I go.
- As effective as using Benzyl Peroxide.
- 100% natural that contains no harmful chemicals (the organic equivalent of Benzyl Peroxide).
- This facial wash refreshes my skin and removes all the makeup, which has not been removed through wipes.
- In terms of skin improvement – specifically acne prone skin, it removes oil during the summer and doesn’t over dries my skin.
- This wash comes in a tube with a handy click cap that is very hygienic and easy to handle. You can squeeze as per your requirement.
- It doesn’t sting my eyes and works really well on getting rid of stubborn blackheads and effectively controls acne while moisturizing enough to keep your skin soft.
- Keeps pores truly clear, my skin is a lot smoother after rinsing and the scent does not linger (which is good, cause the scent is not so great).
- A little goes a long way- a pea sized amount is enough.
- Reasonably priced.
Cons of The Fab India TEA TREE Face Wash :
- Smell can be strong and unpleasant for some so, girls don’t use it right before bed time, your husband will complain!
- After about a week, my face did start to clear up but the face wash dries my skin so I have to apply a moisturizer.
- Not suitable for normal and dry skin
Bottom line: I would have given it a rating of 5 if not for the fact that it can be drying to my skin. More often, it has been very effective in the remedy of acne and oily skin for me when I was using it for a while. It dried out the acne and helped heal acne wounds. It’s an effective remedy as the gel is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral and antiseptic. It can be used direct;y on the skin. Overall, is a nice gel cleanser that takes all the makeup and dirt off, without having to use much at all, and still leaves your skin nice, very soft and smooth, without any tightness or residue. Will I repurchase: Up till now I’m very happy with this Face wash. And will definitely repurchase, also I’ll suggest every one with oily skin to give it a try.