I have a very problematic skin which is oily, sensitive, and prone to acne breakouts. I keep on trying different products across all brands in a quest to find out the best products for my skin. Clinique products have worked for me with only a few of them turning out to be duds. Today, I am going to list out my current set of face washes which I have specifically picked up because they are for oily skin. Some have worked, and some have not. I thought I would do a post on face washes/cleansers that I have used and that are specifically for the oily skin category. I have used various other face washes too, which I could not include them in this post, but I would list them down any way.
Here’s the list:
1. Garnier Pure Active Neem Face Wash: I would highly suggest this face wash to oily and acne-prone skin. It thoroughly cleanses skin without making the skin overtly dry. Also, it does not leave any residue or film behind. This gel face wash contains tea tree oil, neem leaf extract, salicylic acid. I would vote this as one of the best face washes for oily skin. Price is Rs. 49 for 50 gm.
2. Pears Oil Clear Cleansing Face Wash: This face wash by Pears refreshes skin well. This has a nice refreshing fragrance and works up to a good lather. Available at Rs. 50 for 60 gm, it is convenient to be carried along during travels.
3. Shahnaz Husain Tulsi-Neem Face Wash: This lovely green gel contains neem, aloe vera, tulsi, and lemon peel extracts and keeps acne under check, but since there is glycerin in this one, its a little difficult to rinse off the face.
4. The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser: I had bought the entire range of TBS’s Tea Tree range, but sadly, except the face mask, all other products were duds. This is an average foaming cleanser, but I do not get that squeaky clean feeling with this. I always end up using another face wash. This one contains organic tea tree oil. Price is Rs. 620 for 150 ml.
5. Pond’s Age Miracle Cell ReGen Facial Foam: This facial foam from Pond’s foams so well and works for all skin types including oily skin. I get a matte face after using this facial foam and this one does not leave any kind of residue behind. Price is Rs. 299 for 100 gm.
6. Freeman Superfruits Refining Facial Cleanser: I am including this cleanser in this “face wash” category because this one too cleans skin very well and works like a normal face wash and lathers well, does not dry out the skin. This is not effective in removing waterproof makeup. This cleanser/face wash contains salicylic acid, blueberry extract, Lycium Chinese fruit extract, Peppermint oil. Price is Rs. 220 for 150 ml.
7. Yardley English Rose Deep Cleansing Luxurious Facial Foam: I am a big fan of face washes that foam up nicely, liked this one a lot, its creamy and lathers up well. This one cleans skin effectively, leaves skin refreshed, and clear of impurities. Does not leave skin dry or stretchy. Price is Rs. 120 for 100 gm.
8. Aroma Magic Mint Cleanser: Another winner from Aroma Magic, this cleanser is specifically for oily, acne prone skin. This is a white creamy cleanser that leaves the skin refreshed and squeaky clean. It does not foam or lather, but when you massage it on for some time on the face, and rinse off, you can see that it cleans impurities and oils thoroughly. This cleanser contains Peppermint, Spearmint, Clove, Neem and pure organic essential oils of Geranium, rose, and tea tree. Price is Rs. 115 for 50 gm.
9. Clinique Wash Away Gel Cleanser Gel: Though I don’t like its strong, pungent smell, its a good foaming cleanser for all skin types, its 100% allergy tested, and cleans away all oil and makeup and does not make the skin dry or stretchy. Contains chamomile, aloe extracts. Its a costly affair at Rs. 1350 for 150 ml.
10. Pond’s No Blackheads Deep Cleansing Facial Foam: Another foaming face wash that I picked up. This face wash came with a scrublet and the main reason I picked it up was solely to get the scrublet. I feel this is a little bit harsh on my skin and dries up the skin a bit, would not be suitable for sensitive skin. Price is Rs. 75 for 50 gm.
11. Lakme Perfect Radiance Fairness Face Wash: Lakme has really got this right, it has revamped the packaging, and I am going to get Lakme Clean Up Face Wash now. This one lathers nicely and cleans skin well. Price is Rs. 80 for 50 gm.
12. Pond’s Pure White Deep Cleansing Facial Foam with Activated Carbon: I finished two tubes quickly, and don’t have the empty tubes with me, that’s why haven’t included in the pictures. This face wash foams up nicely and cleans the skin effectively leaving it squeaky clean. Love it. Price is Rs. 150
13. Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash: One of the best face washes available for oily and acne-prone skin, it contains 2% salicylic acid, leaves the skin completely clean and helps control acne solution. Its a bit costly at Rs. 425 for 175 ml.
Picture taken from Richa Singh’s review here.
14. Clean and Clear Morning Energy Face Wash: Energising Lemon: I love the fragrance of this. This list would be incomplete without including Clean and Clear face washes. With renewed packaging and lots of colored beads, its flying off shelves and I have tried all the variants, liked this lemon variant the most. Price is Rs. 95 for 100 ml.
Picture taken from Neha’s review here.
15. Lush Aqua Marina Face Cleanser: Last but not the least, its one of my favourite cleanser/face wash. Though this is not a face wash per se, I like to use it frequently to clean up my face. Leaves the skin squeaky clean, does not dry out, clears tan, mattifies skin, a winner from Lush, I am going to purchase the full size of Lush Aqua Marina for sure
Hope you all liked this post of mine Which is your favourite face wash, if you could list, it would be great
Nivea Visage Sparkling Glow Fairness Face Wash
Everyuth Naturals Cream Face Wash
The Nature’s Co Peppermint Face Wash
Medimix Face Wash
Shahnaz Husain Tulsi Neem Face Wash
Pond’s Daily Face Wash
VLCC Watermelon & Bergamot Gentle Exfoliating Face Wash
Lakme Clean Up Face Wash Fresh Fairness with Vitabeads
6 Best Concealers for Oily Skin
Best Moisturizer For Oily Skin
6 Best Moisturizers for Oily Skin
Makeup for Oily Skin