Garnier Skin Naturals Light Daily Moisturiser
Though I buy and stock up foundations and makeup like a hoarder, I do not use foundation, pan sticks, and face gels on a daily basis. Usually, I go through the day with just a Clean and Clear moisturizer, compact, and lip gloss. There are many moisturizer options for the dry skin divas, but for us oil tanks, the options are very limited and I do not even want to mention how I hate the sight of the thick Dove and Nivea creams. Coming back to moisturizers, though my Clean and Clear moisturizer is water based and gives a light moisturizing effect, it does not suffice on exceptionally dry days. I had used the Garnier Skin Naturals Sun Control Daily Moisturizer, but it didn’t work for me at all and broke me out.
Through the comments on posts published on IMBB, I heard many people raving about Garnier Skin Naturals Light Daily Moisturiser and I wanted to try it for myself. Although, I had seen the advertisement for the moisturizer with Tara Sharma in it, it did not push me enough to try it. But the commenters on IMBB did make me inquisitive and I went ahead and brought one for myself.
LONG DAN EXTRACT to help slow down skin darkening.
GLYCERIN to moisturize and comfort the skin. Your skin looks naturally lighter and more even. It feels smooth and appears illuminated with a healthy glow.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Apply it twice a day after cleansing your skin.
- Gently massage using light circular movements from the center of your face to outwards.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS IN GARNIER LIGHT MOISTURISER:
There is no ingredient list mentioned on the jar. The jar only hints at Pure Lemon Essence + Long Dan Extract on the label, but other ingredients are missing on the jar and I am suspicious.
WHAT IS LONG DAN EXTRACT?
PRICE: Rs. 65 for an 18 g jar.
MY EXPERIENCE WITH GARNIER SKIN NATURALS LIGHT DAILY MOISTURISER:
The moisturizer comes in a lovely bright yellow shade glass jar with a white top. The moisturizer has a very mild tangy fragrance to it. The consistency of it is not like that of usual moisturizers meaning its not too runny, its slightly thick, and it looks more like a day cream. So comparing it with Fair and Lovely would not be unfair. Those who are using Fair and Lovely would get the same effects with this Garnier Light Daily Moisturiser.
At first when I applied it, I was quite impressed with the way it turned out on my face. It gave a certain brightness instantly and also gave moisturizing effect without turning greasy on my skin later. It is all that I have been looking for in a day cream even though it’s a moisturizer. It works perfectly well under the compact and does not tend to either dry out or turn greasy after a few hours, but it does turn dewy after sometime, which I do not mind at all. However, there are quite a few things that bug me about this one. The first one is that it does not have any SPF value, I have to dab on sunscreen lotion separately. Also, if you take and rub a little extra on your face, this cream kind of becomes pasty and settles all over your face, especially eyebrows and the small crevices of your face and you would need a tissue to take the extra paste off. The third one is that this might contain some film-forming agent that shrouds the skin to give it a special “glow” or “fairness.”
I have been using this moisturizer for close to two months now and I have not seen any change in my complexion or spots. The fairness effect comes to fore only when you have applied the cream and there is a certain brightness associated with the matte effect, but it does not lighten your skin in the long run and does not reduce spots.
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT GARNIER SKIN NATURALS LIGHT DAILY MOISTURISER:
- It works quite well as a moisturizer.
- Able to provide a nice balance between matte look and dewy look.
- Can double as a day cream because of its consistency.
- Price is reasonable.
- Mild fragrance.
WHAT BUGS ME ABOUT GARNIER SKIN NATURALS LIGHT DAILY MOISTURISER:
- No ingredient list is mentioned on the jar except Lemon Essence and Long Dan Extract, which kind of makes me suspicious as to why didn’t they print the list of all active ingredients on the jar.
- I cannot really foretell if any bleaching agents are used.
- Fairness claim is just momentary, which means this moisturizer makes your face bright when you apply it and the fairness effect lasts till you wash the cream off your face. I think its some film-forming ingredient in it that does the “brightening” work.
- Dark spots reduction claim does not work.
GARNIER SKIN NATURALS LIGHT DAILY MOISTURISER/FAIRNESS + DARK SPOTS PREVENTION WITH PURE LEMON ESSENCE + LONG DAN EXTRACT – SPF 15
I had bought the Garnier Light jar in June and then two months later, I saw this sachet of the same Garnier Light with SPF 15 added. This sachet costs Rs. 10 for a 7.5 g pack. I purchased the sachet out of curiosity and found out that it is the same as the jar one, same fragrance, same consistency, only difference was the SPF 15 claim and oh, they have included this very impractical and pathetic shadometer in the sachet, which is such a big gimcrack because neither will you be able to find your shade on the meter nor compare any change of shade that you develop (?). It is just an inane marketing strategy to lure girls who want to become fair and fairer. A majority of fairness creams and body lotions are coming up with a similar shadometer strategy.
Also, as I said Garnier Light is very similar to Fair and Lovely in terms of making tall claims to make skin lighter, clear spots, and giving an even-toned skin with regular use. Also, the consistency is very similar, just that the Fair and Lovely is more pasty and there is no moisturizing effect. But, in terms of results, both are same.
My neighbor uses the new Fair and Lovely Multivitamin cream and it has the entire list of ingredients printed on the tube. Just take a look. Personally, I run a mile away from Fair and Lovely because I have practically seen so many women with hyperpigmented skin after prolonged use of Fair and Lovely. Take a close look.
Aside from the palmitic acid, niacinamide (vitamin B3), provitamin C, provitamin E, provitamin B6, I am very inquisitive and suspicious about a few ingredients in Fair and Lovely, just wanted to share them with you all.
1. TITANIUM DIOXIDE: Since titanium dioxide reflects light so well, it is ideal for use as a protective coating for many products, such as automobile parts. Titanium dioxide is used in the manufacture of paint.
2. OCTYL METHOXYCINNAMATE (OMC): The Journal of the National Cancer Institute also states that octyl methoxycinnamate (OMC), a dangerous chemical used in 90 percent of all sunscreens, is known to kill mouse cells, even at very low doses. These studies show when OMC penetrates the skin, it increases the production of free radicals (byproducts proven to cause cellular changes to DNA, which are directly linked to cancer). Free radicals are also one of the primary causes of premature aging.
3. ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE: Functions as an opacifying agent and a skin protectant. Opacifying Agent(s) are substances that reduce the clear or transparent appearance of cosmetic products. Some opacifying agents are used in skin make-up for hiding blemishes.
But anyway, it’s a brave thing on Fair and Lovely’s part to have listed all the ingredients, I have to make a special mention of that.
WILL I REPURCHASE GARNIER LIGHT: I will use it until I can find a good day cream for oily skin and I hope I find it soon because I don’t want to continue using a product whose ingredients haven’t been disclosed completely.
IMBB Rating: :star: :star::star: