I have always liked fruits over vegetables and orange is one of my favourite fruit. My mother had to come up with a different trick everyday to see me finish my vegetables. Feeling so bad for her now.
Though, I am very well aware of the importance of a balance diet or say vegetables yet, I have not accepted them completely. I still have to toil very hard to finish my quota of vegetables everyday. But, as far as fruits are concerned I eat them as if I’ll be dead next day.
Well enough about my stinking habit. Now, let us focus on oranges. I love them not only for their tangy taste but also for the various health and beauty benefits. Some of which are listed below.
Health benefits of orange:
• Orange juice is very helpful in boosting the immune system, due to the high percentage of Vitamin C, which stimulates white cells, in it.
• Due to its alkaline effect on our digestive system, orange helps to stimulate the digestive juices and thus gets rid of constipation.
• It also reduces the risk of heart diseases due to the presence of flavonoids in it.
• Formation of calcium oxalate stones in the kidney can also be prevented by drinking a glass of orange juice daily.
• The anti-oxidant present in orange helps to protect the skin from free radical damage.
• Daily intake of orange juice may help lower both cholesterol levels and blood pressure levels.
• Risk of peptic ulcers can be reduced by consuming a vitamin C rich food like orange.
• The high antioxidant content in orange helps to prevent various forms of cancer, including breast cancer and prostate cancer.
Beauty benefits of orange:
Antioxidants present in an orange make it very effective against wrinkles and blemishes. Also it is capable in absorbing excess oil from the face. Some of the beauty tips are mentioned below:
• Mix together orange juice, oatmeal and honey. Apply it on face for 10-15 minutes. Wash your face with cold water. The application of this paste 4 times a week helps in skin rejuvenation.
• To bleach your skin naturally, mix orange peel powder and milk to make a thick paste. Apply it on face and leave it for few minutes. Wash your face with cold water.
• Take 2-3 tbsp of orange juice. Apply it on your face like a face wash. Avoid rubbing for long. Rinse your face with normal water. Vitamin C in the orange juice will add instant softness to your skin.
• Orange juice is also very efficient in solving the problem of enlarged pores. Dip a cotton ball in its juice, and apply it on face. Leave it for 1-2 minutes and then rinse it.
• Mix a cup of orange juice with equal amount of water and one tsp of honey. Apply it on your hair after shampooing. Keep it on for 5-10 minutes. Rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water.
• Regular use of oranges in beauty routine also prevents your skin from acne and blemishes.
No doubt oranges have various health and beauty benefits yet, one should not go overboard with it. Moderation is the key to get the benefits from this truly miraculous fruit.
Which is your favourite fruit?
Health & Beauty Benefits of Papaya
Health and Beauty benefits of Coconut Oil
Health and Beauty Benefits of Olive Oil
Water: Health & Beauty Benefits
Aloe Vera: Beauty Benefits
Skin Benefits of Yogurt
Organic foods and Their Benefits
Health Benefits of Tea
Chamomile Tea and its Benefits
Ambika Pillai Hard Candy Nail Polish – Neon Orange
NYX Concealer in a Jar – Orange and Yellow Review
Orange Peel Off Face Mask Review-Everyuth Natural Golden Glow
Fake Tan: How to Avoid Orange, Yellow and Green
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- www benfit of orange
- BENEFITS OF ORANGE