Himalaya’s new range of shampoos include several variants of which it’s anti-dandruff shampoo is being reviewed here. I’ve been on the lookout for an effective dandruff shampoo that won’t dry out my hair as well and picked this up hoping for some relief.
Name of the Product: Himalaya Herbals Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (All Hair Types).
Cost: Rs. 120 for 200 ml.
Shelf Life: 3 years
• All Hair Types.
• Soothing and Moisturizing.
• Breakthrough Herbal Anti-Dandruff formula.
• Effectively attacks root cause of dandruff.
• Gentle on hair and scalp.
• Regular use visibly reduces flakes, itching, hair fall.
• Prevents dandruff from coming back.
• Perfect for dry hair that requires extra moisturizing.
• Special blend of herbs soothe scalp.
• Keeps hair dandruff free, strong and more manageable.
• Safe to use on artificially colored or permed hair.
Review of Himalaya Herbals Anti-Dandruff Shampoo:
The shampoo bottle is the standard style of the new Himalaya shampoo range and this particular one has the picture of blue leaves on it (not sure if they are Tea Tree or Aloe Vera since these are the two ingredients mentioned on the bottle).
The product claim is mentioned in detail on the back along with the instructions.
It has a green flip cap and the flow of the product is very easy. The fragrance is strictly okay, nothing great to write home about. The shampoo itself is light orange in color and has a slightly runny consistency as can be made out from the picture.
Directions to use are to massage gently into wet hair and scalp. Rinse thoroughly and repeat if necessary.
I required quite a lot of product to work up a lather. My hair is fine and shoulder length and I usually don’t need much shampoo for the entire length. But in this case, it was the opposite. So, I can imagine how much product would be needed for people with really long hair. I have a dry scalp, the main problem of which is itchiness. To this extent, the shampoo really works. It does seem to have a good effect on the dandruff, but again, I can’t really vouch for cases with severe dandruff.
Now for the bad part; this shampoo made my hair quite rough and difficult to detangle. My frizz was also as bad as ever. I had used this shampoo half an hour after applying the Himalaya Protein Hair Cream all over my hair and scalp. This usually results in my hair being soft and smooth after washing, but with this shampoo, even that had no effect.
Key Ingredients are mentioned as follows:
• Tea Tree Oil – Natural anti dandruff agent.
• Grape Seed – Effective anti dandruff and anti microbial action.
• Indian Sarsaparilla and Aloe – Nourish and moisturize hair and scalp.
Kumari, Tila, Rusmari, Draksha, Sveta Sariva, Chanaka, Kayaputi.
Sodium Benzoate IP, Potassium sorbate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Climbazole.
Pros of Himalaya Herbals Anti-Dandruff Shampoo:
1. Reasonably priced.
2. Easily available.
3. Long shelf life.
4. Itchiness is significantly reduced.
5. Does seem to work on low to medium cases of dandruff.
Cons of Himalaya Herbals Anti Dandruff Shampoo:
1. Consistency is a bit runny.
2. Doesn’t seem travel friendly.
3. A relatively large quantity is required to lather.
4. Hair does not become nourished as promised.
5. Frizz is unaffected.
6. Hair is difficult to detangle.
7. Might not work as effectively on severe dandruff.
As promised, the shampoo does get rid of dandruff, but the good part ends there. It leaves hair too dry and with split ends, it is quite a chore to untangle my hair and comb through it. Considering the fact that it makes such tall claims regarding nourishing and moisturizing, I would say that it fails in those areas. Overall, I would rather try out one of the many anti-dandruff shampoos in the market.
Loreal Instant clear Anti Dandruff shampoo
Sunsilk Anti Dandruff Solution Shampoo
The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Arish Anti Dandruff Shampoo
Pantene Pro-V Anti Dandruff Shampoo
Avon Naturals Tea Tree & Thyme Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Himalaya Anti Dandruff Hair Cream
Oriflame White Nettle & Papaya 2- in- 1 Anti-Dandruff Shampoo & Conditioner
Best Dandruff Shampoo
Dove Damage Therapy Dandruff Care Shampoo
Hair Care : Do It Yourself Hair Protein Pack
Beauty Benefits of Neem (Indian Lilac)
Treat Itchy Scalp With Home Remedies And Tips
11 Beauty Applications of Olive Oil
Clear Men Anti-Dandruff Shampoo – Cool Sport Menthol
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- himalaya anti dandruff shampoo review
- himalaya shampoo review