Himalaya Fairness cream- review:
Today I will be reviewing Himalaya fairness cream. I use fairness cream as anti-blemish cream. I have observed that fairness creams can be used to reduce dark patches, scars and tan. But one must be careful while buying a fairness cream, because most of the creams use bleaching agents and other harmful chemicals to keep their promise of “visible fairness within a fortnight”, which can not be true. Himalaya herbal is a well-known brand which is famous for some really good products at much lower prices than some other high-end brands. We trust Himalaya herbal:).
What the product says:
“Fairness in 4 weeks” – The unique natural formula of Himalaya Fairness Cream is absorbed faster into the skin and works throughout the day, making your complexion better each time, every time. Prevents dark discoloration of the face.
- Himalaya fairness cream claims to give you “4 Dimensional Fairness” – Improves glow, Moisturizes, Improves complexion, Nourishes.
- Himalaya fairness cream is an ayurvedic proprietary medicine.
- Suitable for all skin types. No bleaching agents. No harmful chemicals.
- Natural herbal formulations tend to change colour overtime. However, the product efficacy remains unchanged.
Each gm contains-
Aloe vera/Kumari (Aloe vera– 50mg): Moisturizes and softens the skin.
Walnut/Akschota (Juglans regia – 20mg): Nourishes the skin.
Orange/Naranga (Citrus reticulata – 20mg): Removes blemishes.
Rose/Satapatrika (Rosa centifolia – 20mg): Improves complexion. Keeps you fresh.
Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Bronopol.
Price: INR 30 for 25g
Shelf life: Best before 3 years from date of manufacture.
Direction for use: Clean the face with a mild soap. Apply fairness cream all over the face and neck in upward circular motion, twice a day.
The product comes in a standard Himalaya tube, with a green cap. The whole packaging is quite nice. The cream is white colored and smells awesome. It gives you a bright non-greasy, smooth finish like any other fairness cream. The cream is quite thick, but gets absorbed into skin easily. The texture reminds me of a very old cosmetic product – afgan snow. I can remember my grandma would use afgan snow every day:).
See, my skin looks so brighter after rubbing the cream.
However, my skin feels stretchy after applying the cream. So, I have to apply a lot of moisturizer along with the cream. I have combination to oily skin. This cream, however, lightens dark spots upto some extent. Skin indeed looks fresh after application.
What I like about Himalaya fairness cream:
- The cream does not contain any bleaching agents or any harmful chemicals (at least they claim so).
- This is a herbal product:).
- Makes skin look brighter.
- Gets absorbed pretty quickly, leaving a non-greasy, smooth finish.
- Smells awesome.
- Lightens dark spots upto some extent.
- Nice packaging.
- Contains aloe vera, which is a natural blemish solving and moisturizing agent.
- Since it is non-greasy and brightens your skin instantly, it can be a good makeup base.
- Another good thing about Himalaya as well as this product is that they do not test on animals. Why would some poor creatures suffer to make us beautiful???
What I don’t like about Himalaya fairness cream:
- Does not moisturize at all. I think this product is not suitable for dry skin people. However, this problem can be solved using a moisturizer along with the cream.
- Does not contain any SPF :( . You have to apply a sunscreen separately.
- Does not make you fair. Well, this is not a con, I think :P.
- Contains paraben as preservative.
So, overall it is a good product. Not the best, but good. I think people can give it a try. It is way cheaper than some other harbal fairness products like Lotus herbals which do not work so well despite high pricing. This can be useful to remove tan, acne spots etc.
Will I purchase it again? Yes :). I am quite happy with this product.
Rating: :-* . Wish it’s more moisturizing than it is now.