How to choose the right Mascara?
Mascara is used to thicken, lengthen, darken or define your eyelashes. No beauty routine is complete without mascara. So girls out there, if you want to enhance the beauty of your eyes then mascara is a must.
But buying mascara is always one of the most difficult tasks, atleast for me. With so many brands and types of mascara available, picking the best and the most appropriate one is always difficult. So here are, some suggestion that may help you in buying a right one.
- First of all you need to define your eyelashes, i.e whether you have short or long. If you are lucky to have long eyelashes then choose mascara that can give volume to your eyes so that it makes them look thicker and denser. For short lashes you should always choose lengthening mascara.
- If you have brown eyes and are confused about the shade of mascara, then don’t worry because true black will suit you the best. During the day time prefer using shades like brown and plum because it can soften and sublimate your eyes.
- Are you conscious of applying mascara in monsoon?? Then need not worry anymore because many companies have launched waterproof mascara which are water resistant and prevent smudging. If you have oily skin, then also you should opt for water proof mascara.
- If you are an athlete or a swimmer and want to have charismatic eyes throughout the day then water proof version is best suited for you too.
- It is also recommended by many Hollywood makeup artists that you should select mascara according to your hair color.
- Want to go out in the evening with friends then you can wear colored mascaras with your outfit, this creative makeup will make your look funky. But avoid wearing colored mascaras with a conservative outfit or at your work place.
- Remember expensive brands do not always fulfill your requirement. I have tried most of the expensive brand like Revlon, L’Oreal, and Lancome but there was some or the other problem, then I looked for something which was somewhere 3 times less expensive but the results were outstanding.
- Before choosing the right mascara you should also pay some attention to the size of the brush. The longer your lashes are the thicker the brush required. On the other hand if you have short lashes then you should opt for short bristled brush.
- If you are an office going girl and want to have beautiful enlightened eyes then you should opt for black or brown mascaras.
- If your eyes are sensitive then go for gentle mascara, it is best for contact lens wearers. There are also hypo allergic mascaras available in the market for women having sensitive eye. You can also test the mascara by applying it on the back of your ear and then leaving it for some time, so some allergies or inflammation occur then you should not use that mascara.
- Before buying mascara you should stand in front of the mirror and observe your eyes whether they are big, small, and single because there are some perfect mascara that can suit you the best and give a mesmerizing effect to your face.
Few of the best quality mascaras that I have come across are
- Lancome Hypnosis
- Maybelline Colorssal
- Chanel Exceptionnel
- Clinique High Impact
Out of which my personal favorite is Maybelline mascara because you find any compliment will be weak in front of their low prices. It is very economical and very effective but the only problem with this is that if you want it to wear it for the whole day then it is a problem because it smudges after several hours.
So pretty girls out there hope I have solved some of the queries that you had in your mind. So now you can be the star of the parties with twinkling eyes by choosing the right mascara for yourself.