How To Treat Dark Lips Easily
“Teach not thy lip such scorn, for it was made for kissing lady, not for such contempt”! (For the time being, let us set aside these beautiful poetic lines by Shakespeare only for those who have a taste for literature;) but what if the ‘scorn’ manifests itself through dark patches all over your lips? Indeed dark lips are never desired because it can be such a blot on your beauty! Wondering how to treat dark lips? Read on to hit upon some of the easiest remedies that you can try out all by yourself at home.
Dark Lips: The ‘WHY’ Factor
Before we go on to find out the solution to dark lips, let us first have a quick look at the possible causes behind getting those ugly dark spots on your lips-
- Excessive smoking or chewing of tobacco
- Taking too much of coffee, tea and other hot caffeinated beverages
- Application of lipsticks which don’t suit one’s lips
- Exposure to sun
- Lack of adequate moisture content in lips
- Vitamin deficiency
How to treat dark lips: lifestyle changes
Since we already know the probable causes behind darkening of lips, it is important that you identify the one which might bother you and act accordingly. Here are a few simple things you can do in your day to day lives:
- Say ‘NO’ to tobacco and (excessive) tea and coffee.
- Drink lots and lots of water. This keeps your body (and consequently your lips) hydrated.
- Avoid direct sun exposure. You should also consider using sunscreen on your lips.
- Regularly exfoliate your lips (to read about how to exfoliate lips, read HERE and keep your lips moisturized. Actually, it is very important not to allow dead cells accumulate on your lips in order to make them look healthy. At the same time, it is to be ensured that you moisturize your lips so that they are not chapped and dry.
- Do not use lipsticks that have crossed their expiry dates; in that case, you may even choose to avoid lipsticks of lesser known brands too!
How to treat dark lips: Home remedies
Here are a few simple recipes which you can prepare at home for treating dark lips:
• Lime-honey pack: Mix honey with lime juice. Add a few drops of glycerin. Use it everyday on your lips and you will reap benefits in the long run. You may replace lime juice with the juice of freshly squeezed lemons.
• Milk-honey pack: Mix honey with raw milk and leave the mixture on your lips for half-an-hour. This should be done daily.
• Aloe vera: A wonder herb that it is, aloe vera is known for its curative as well as bleaching properties. Apply aloe vera gel or freshly made aloe vera pulp on your lips and leave it on for about fifteen minutes. Done regularly, this helps to moisturize your lips.
• Almond-milk pack: Crush an almond and mix it with milk. Apply the pack on your lips and wait for half-an-hour.
• Almond oil: Almond oil is easily available; so why not use it for the benefit of your lips? Apply almond oil directly on your lips everyday and you will notice the difference over time.
• Olive oil-lime essential oil mixture: The author is the book- The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy, Ann Worwood recommends this mixture. 4 tablespoons of olive oil should be combined with ½ teaspoon of lime essential oil. The mixture has to be applied in thick layers on lips, left on for half-an-hour and then rinsed off with cold water. It can be applied as many as three times daily.
How to treat dark lips: Other options
• If you are too much bothered with your dark lips and you don’t have the patience of trying out home remedies for they are quite time-taking ones, you may see the doctor. He or she might recommend some supplements and vitamins which can be really helpful.
• Some topical creams are also available but it is advised that you take expert opinion before using them.
• In extreme cases, you may choose to go for cosmetic surgery to improve the color of your lips.
Silver Black Smokey Eyes & Hot Pink Lips Makeup Photo Tutorial
Party Make Up Tutorial: Turquoise Blue/Green Eyes and Neon Pink Lips
Nivea Fruity Shine Pink Guava Lip Balm
How To Get Bigger Lips Naturally
How To Remove Lip Stains
How to Wear Dark Lipsticks and Lipglosses
How to Become Fair Naturally
Revlon Customeyes Shadow and Liner: Naturally Glamorous
ColorBar Star Shine Lip Gloss Pink Kiss
How To Make Hair Grow Faster
How to make Tinted Lip Balm at Home
How to make your eyeliner last all day long
How to Make an Eclectic Necklace at Home
How to make Lemon Tea
How To Make Hair Soft
How To Make Kajal (Kohl) for Eyes at Home
How To Make Hair Silky
How To Make Lips Pink Naturally