Johnson & Johnson O.B Tampons
Hey Lovelies, in this post, I am going to review O.B Tampons. It is the most modern form of menstrual protection, but it has still not been widely accepted by Indian women. Tampons are more efficient compared to sanitary pads/ napkins. They have more absorbing power and it is non-messy, hygienic, and comfortable contradicting to the myth that it is uncomfortable. The tampons come in two sizes Regular- for normal flow and Super- for heavy flow and night use.
A tampon is made of highly compressed cotton. A tampon if inserted and placed properly cannot be felt. If it does, it means that the tampon is not placed properly. A tampon has a thread which remains outside and when needed to change the tampon it should be pulled to remove the tampon. A tampon should be changed every 6-8 hours and don’t worry, it does not get lost or stuck.
What Does the Product Claim:
Tampons are made of compressed layers of highly absorbent fibres which are interwoven to hold together and remain intact. Safe and convenient, O.B. tampons expand in width to give you a gap- free snug fit. No staining accidents, no menstrual odour.
A how to use pamphlet is given in every pack. It gives directions to use and common questions regarding usage of tampons and a warning of Toxic shock syndrome (TSS).
Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS):
It is a rare but serious disease which can occur in men, women, children. It is caused by toxins produced by bacterium that commonly lives in human beings. There are chances of contacting this disease even when tampons are not used but chances of contraction increases if a tampon is not changed every 6-8 hours.
Rupees 145/- for 20 tampons.
What I Love About This Product:
1) It is hygienic and completely non-messy.
2) No more sanitary napkins/pad rashes.
3) No menstrual odour.
4) One can urinate with a tampon.
5) More absorbent compared to sanitary pads increasing time of usage of a single tampon.
6) No staining.
7) More comfortable (you can even forget that you are wearing one).
8) Can go swimming, can be more active in sports compared to when using pads.
9) Reduces your periods by a day, which does not harm the cycle.
What Can be Disliked about this Product :
1) It should not be exceeded for more than 6-8 hours. So, may be a problem with a slow flow or the last days.
2) Tampons usage should be avoided at nights as we sleep for more than 6-8 hours. So, tampons can be used in the day and pads at night.
3) The whole social stigma attached to this product (hymen related) that unmarried and young girls should not use it. I am 18 and I use tampons.
4) TSS can scare a large number of buyers, but it is very uncommon and rare.
5) This is the only brand of tampons available in the Indian market.
Would I Buy this Product Again?
Yes definitely. This is much better and convenient compared to pads.
Johnson’s Baby Lotion
Johnson’s Baby Skincare Wipes
Johnson’s Baby Oil
Johnson’s Baby Soap
Johnson’s Baby Cream
Johnson’s Baby Top-to-Toe Wash Review
Whisper Sanitary Napkin
Menses: Myths and Facts About Periods
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- tampons in india