Jovees Papaya and Honey Facial Scrub- Review
Hi all b’ful IMBB ladies, I love scrubs. They are my instant pick-me-ups. In fact, I like them better than face packs, because they are faster. Scubs can give you an instant glow and regular use polishes your skin.
I used Everyuth’s Walnut-Apricot scrub for sooooo long that I got bored of the whole idea. I wanted to switch, but almost all other brands had Apricot or Strawberry scrubs. I was dead bored of Apricot and I am not a big fan of Strawberry flavour. So I was just not finding the right scrub.
Then I landed in a store full of Jovees products. I asked for a scrub for dry skin and the SA showed me another Apricot and Almond facial scrub. I was disappointed. Then she showed me this one- The Papaya and Honey facial scrub. I smelled it. It was very different and refreshing. AND it was for Normal to Dry skin. I was super happy just to find a non-apricot and non-strawberry scrub. YAY!!!! You can check out other Jovees scrubs and products here. (http://www.jovees.com/scrubs.htm)
What is “Jovees Papaya and Honey Facial Scrub”??
- Papaya & Honey – Daily use Mud Scrub
- (Normal to dry skin)
- This mud-based scrub is a unique formulation contains Papaya Seeds, Honey, Fenugreek, and Margosa as the key active ingredients that help to discover a new kind of luminosity day after day. This scrub is a deep pore cleanser that wipes away spent surface cells, revealing a smoother, clearer and refined complexion.
How to use?? (From the pack)
Moisten face and neck. Apply all over the face and neck. Massage gently with fingertips for 2-3 minutes using anti-clock and clock wise strokes. Leave on for five minutes. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry. Follow with Jovees Day Cream.
The first time I used this, I used it like any other scrub. I moistened my face, scrubbed and washed. My skin was instantly soft and smooth. Then, I read the pack info. The next day, I scrubbed and left it on for 5 minutes. The difference it made was startling. My skin was sooooo soft and smooth; that I, perhaps the person with the driest skin, did not apply moisturizer on top. I sprayed rose water (mine also has glycerin) and I was done. Looking fresh and glowing!!!
Skin benefits of Papaya- Image Source
- Natural emollient
- Natural chemical peel
- Natural skin brightener
- Natural skin tightener
- Natural acne healer
- The grounded papaya seed serve exfoliation purposes.
- Absorbs and retains moisture
- Soothes sun damage or acne
- Ideal cleansing agent as it dissolves most of the impurities in skin pores
- Rejuvenates skin
Also it is a mud based scrub which is ideal for all types of skin.
- Mud purifies and deep cleanses skin.
- It has natural minerals and anti-oxidants which are fabulous for skin.
- Unclogs pores and absorbs excess oils.
Here is what I loved about Jovees Papaya and Honey Facial Scrub-
- As mentioned above, it does not have those typical scrub ingredients.
- I like the packaging. The tube is fresh lime green coloured. Though it is not citrusy at all.
- Papaya and honey are natural emollients.
- When I leave it on after scrubbing, the creamy formula somehow, gets absorbed into my skin, moisturizing from within.
- Many scrubs I have used before have dried my skin further.
- It contains papaya seeds as the scrubbing particles. Although they are abrasive enough to make a good scrub, they do not scrape my skin.
- I can and am using it daily. It just makes my skin softer and softer.
- It smells very different. It’s neither like Papaya nor honey. The fragrance is mild and refreshing.
- It is priced decently. Rs. 155/- for 100g.
- The shelf life is 3 yrs. Although I am gonna use it up much faster.
- It lasts really long. I am using it for over 6 weeks and the tube has enough product to last me 2 more weeks.
- I can actually see a glow on my face after using this.
I don’t dislike anything about this product. It is just perfect. I am gonna buy it again and again till of course I get bored. Then I may shift to their Almond and Apricot Scrub.
Jovees also makes some great face packs. I am using their 30+ youth pack and it is quite good. Maybe I’ll review it later.
All in all; it is a good product and has become my go-to, whenever I have a skin trouble. It is also quite efficient in removing face makeup.
My rating: :-* :-*:-*:-*
P.S. I wrote this article before my engagement. So just wanted to say…. I missssseeeeeddddd aaaalllll of you!!!! It’s soooo goooood to be back!!!! And a huge thank you and tightttt hugs to Rati for the beautiful wishes on IMBB!!! My (smaller) big day was so much fun because of all your best wishes…. Thank you!!!!
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- jovees scrub
- jovees scrub review