Jovees Papaya and Honey Facial Scrub- Review
Hi all b’ful IMBB ladies, I love scrubs. They are my instant pick-me-ups. In fact, I like them better than face packs, because they are faster. Scubs can give you an instant glow and regular use polishes your skin.
I used Everyuth’s Walnut-Apricot scrub for sooooo long that I got bored of the whole idea. I wanted to switch, but almost all other brands had Apricot or Strawberry scrubs. I was dead bored of Apricot and I am not a big fan of Strawberry flavour. So I was just not finding the right scrub.
Then I landed in a store full of Jovees products. I asked for a scrub for dry skin and the SA showed me another Apricot and Almond facial scrub. I was disappointed. Then she showed me this one- The Papaya and Honey facial scrub. I smelled it. It was very different and refreshing. AND it was for Normal to Dry skin. I was super happy just to find a non-apricot and non-strawberry scrub. YAY!!!! You can check out other Jovees scrubs and products here. (http://www.jovees.com/scrubs.htm)
What is “Jovees Papaya and Honey Facial Scrub”??
- Papaya & Honey – Daily use Mud Scrub
- (Normal to dry skin)
- This mud-based scrub is a unique formulation contains Papaya Seeds, Honey, Fenugreek, and Margosa as the key active ingredients that help to discover a new kind of luminosity day after day. This scrub is a deep pore cleanser that wipes away spent surface cells, revealing a smoother, clearer and refined complexion.
How to use?? (From the pack)
Moisten face and neck. Apply all over the face and neck. Massage gently with fingertips for 2-3 minutes using anti-clock and clock wise strokes. Leave on for five minutes. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry. Follow with Jovees Day Cream.
The first time I used this, I used it like any other scrub. I moistened my face, scrubbed and washed. My skin was instantly soft and smooth. Then, I read the pack info. The next day, I scrubbed and left it on for 5 minutes. The difference it made was startling. My skin was sooooo soft and smooth; that I, perhaps the person with the driest skin, did not apply moisturizer on top. I sprayed rose water (mine also has glycerin) and I was done. Looking fresh and glowing!!!
Skin benefits of Papaya- Image Source
- Natural emollient
- Natural chemical peel
- Natural skin brightener
- Natural skin tightener
- Natural acne healer
- The grounded papaya seed serve exfoliation purposes.
Skin benefits of honey- Image Source
- Absorbs and retains moisture
- Soothes sun damage or acne
- Ideal cleansing agent as it dissolves most of the impurities in skin pores
- Rejuvenates skin
Also it is a mud based scrub which is ideal for all types of skin.
- Mud purifies and deep cleanses skin.
- It has natural minerals and anti-oxidants which are fabulous for skin.
- Unclogs pores and absorbs excess oils.
Here is what I loved about Jovees Papaya and Honey Facial Scrub–
- As mentioned above, it does not have those typical scrub ingredients.
- I like the packaging. The tube is fresh lime green coloured. Though it is not citrusy at all.
- Papaya and honey are natural emollients.
- When I leave it on after scrubbing, the creamy formula somehow, gets absorbed into my skin, moisturizing from within.
- Many scrubs I have used before have dried my skin further.
- It contains papaya seeds as the scrubbing particles. Although they are abrasive enough to make a good scrub, they do not scrape my skin.
- I can and am using it daily. It just makes my skin softer and softer.
- It smells very different. It’s neither like Papaya nor honey. The fragrance is mild and refreshing.
- It is priced decently. Rs. 155/- for 100g.
- The shelf life is 3 yrs. Although I am gonna use it up much faster.
- It lasts really long. I am using it for over 6 weeks and the tube has enough product to last me 2 more weeks.
- I can actually see a glow on my face after using this.
I don’t dislike anything about this product. It is just perfect. I am gonna buy it again and again till of course I get bored. Then I may shift to their Almond and Apricot Scrub.
Jovees also makes some great face packs. I am using their 30+ youth pack and it is quite good. Maybe I’ll review it later.
All in all; it is a good product and has become my go-to, whenever I have a skin trouble. It is also quite efficient in removing face makeup.
My rating: :-* :-*:-*:-*
P.S. I wrote this article before my engagement. So just wanted to say…. I missssseeeeeddddd aaaalllll of you!!!! It’s soooo goooood to be back!!!! And a huge thank you and tightttt hugs to Rati for the beautiful wishes on IMBB!!! My (smaller) big day was so much fun because of all your best wishes…. Thank you!!!!