- Accelerates epidermal repair.
- Accelerates the reconstruction of irritated, chapped epidermises and after minor dermatological procedures.
- Its insulating texture is enriched in anti-bacterial agents to protect the skin. Invisible and non sticky, with easy spreading. This soothing, moisturizing treatment relieves itchiness and tight sensations.
- Paraben-free formula.
- Cicaplast accelerates reconstruction of the skin barrier thanks to a formula that combines:
- A copper/zinc/manganese mineral complex to stimulate the production of new cells, Madecassoside to encourage proper cell organisation and procure fast, high-quality epidermal repair.
Epidermal changes: skin irritations, dry patches, chapped skin, after dermatological procedures.
The epidermis is soothed, protected and stimulated, and it is reconstructed more quickly (due to the active ingredient).
Packaging and Content:
40 ml and 15 ml tubes.
How To Use:
- After dermatological procedures: follow your dermatologist’s recommendations.
- Irritated skin, dry patches: twice a day.
- Chapped skin, 3 times a day.
- For all applications twice a day.
Aqua/water, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, C30-45 alkyl dimethicone, Sodium citrate, Peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, Panthenol, Zinc gluconate, Madecassoside, Dimethiconol, Manganese gluconate, Sodium hyaluronate, Disodium EDTA, Copper gluconate, Citric acid, Polysorbate 20, Sodium benzoate.
Rs. 210 for 15 ml tube and Rs. 790 for 40 ml tube.
The cream comes in a white plastic; squeezy tube and has a narrow, nozzle tip in the front for dispensing the cream. It’s a very basic, neat, easy-to-use while travel packaging.
My Verdict on La Roche Posay Cicaplast Pro Recovery Skin Care:
I saw one Lisa Eldridge Youtube video, where she was using this particular product on a model before makeup and she said it makes a good makeup primer for combination skin. Well, that gave me 3 big reasons to get this product as soon as possible 😀 , as it was backed by “Lisa Eldriges’ recommendation,” its good for “combination skin” and lastly it can double up as a “primer” 😀 😀 :dance:
Thankfully, I could find the product on one Indian online shopping website.
La Roche Cicaplast is a lightweight, clear gel like non-greasy cream. It is slightly thick but spreads easily on the skin. It comes with no bad or chemical fragrance.
I am undergoing skin treatment for allergy and acne, so I have to use all those anti-acne gels which dry up the skin very bad and my skin was peeling and flaking badly. When I started using this, it healed my flaky skin within 2-3 days of using it just twice in day without any further side effects.
I got a small cosmetic surgery (for birth mark removal under the eye) which has left a very “minute” scar. The surgeon who operated me didn’t advice any particular ointment for healing the scar as he said it will lighten with time on its own.
I have been using this La Roche Posay Cicaplast cream on the scar since last 2 weeks and I do notice it looks much better now. It is indeed lightening and fading faster than before.
Now, coming to whether it works like a primer. Well, it does not instantly smooth out the skin or fill in pores/ lines like most silicone-based primers, but it does take care of dry patches on the skin and does not make oily parts too greasy. This is definitely a blessing for someone with combination skin. Also, I feel the foundation goes on smoothly over this. While I do love all my primers, I am specifically using this product the most these days as I am least bothered about my skin when I have this on.
Overall, it’s a fantastic product and I am going to repurchase this always. I would recommend it to ladies with combination skin, or with dry, flaky skin or for healing post surgery scars.
Pros of La Roche Posay Cicaplast Pro Recovery Skin Care:
- Lightweight gel-like cream, spreads and dissolves easily and quickly in the skin.
- Has no bad fragrance.
- Great for combination, hydrates only the dry patches and does not make oily parts greasy. So, can be used before makeup as a primer.
- Heals dry, flaky skin.
- Lightens post surgery scars when used continuously over a period of time.
- Does not clog pores or cause breakouts.
- Decent, convenient-to-use packaging.
- The 15 ml tube will last for at least 20 days even if used daily/twice, as you need a little amount for one-time use. So, I don’t think it is expensive.
- The formula is free from parabens
Cons of La Roche Posay Cicaplast Pro Recovery Skin Care:
- The only con at all, would be the limited availability of this brand in India and apart from that, I can’t really find a flaw in this.
4.99 on 5
P.S.: There is a little purchase story behind this cream 😀 I purchased this online from Blab.com, as I couldn’t find any other source till a few weeks back for this particular brand. The website has shown a 40 ml tube @ Rs.790 and I ordered for it. When I received the tube it was a 15 ML one and the price label showed it to be Rs. 210. I called their customer service and told about this. They checked and gave me the lamest reason; that the 40 ML tube was out of stock, so they sent in the 15 ML one. I was mighty irritated. If they knew the product was out of stock, firstly, they should have informed me and secondly it was a cash on delivery order, so they should have charged me Rs. 210 only and they didn’t bother to inform me about the same. Only when I brought up this issue to their notice, they agreed to refund me. I was relieved when they refunded me the difference amount, but whatever happened initially did leave me so upset. I hope they do not repeat this in future with other customers and in case you are planning to place an order with them, do confirm with them beforehand about the product size that they would be sending to you.
La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid
La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer Review + FOTD
Remington Pro Soft Curls Ci 151 Curling Iron
Pantene Pro V Nourished Shine Shampoo
TRESemme Thermal Recovery Intense Repair and Rehydration Masque
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex
Bio Skincare Exfoliating Strawberry Face and Body Scrub
Skin Care Routine Normal to Dry Skin
Hip Hop Skin Care Facial Wax Strips
5 Summer Skin Care Steps