This time , I am not going to reveal the number of Lakme lipsticks I own or the non colorbar lipsticks that I have, after the scandalous declaration of owning 45 colorbar lippies, which now I myself feel scared to believe. But because I have so many lipsticks, I am able to pick out many as my favourites. I have sent a sneak peak picture to Rati of my hard work while selecting my favorite Lakme lipsticks. And no prizes for guessing the total number of Lakme lipsticks I have. Here I have 5 more favourites, all mattes, long stay earthy light browns for everyday wear. In Housefull the movie, in Deepika Padukone’s make up, I noticed how matte lippies are making a come back with winged eye liner. (in my opinion) I always wear matte or semi matte lipstick with some bit of winged eye liner. I feel this look best suits our Indian features and for people like me who are scared to experiment. So hope you are able to pick out an earthy color for yourself from this review. The lipsticks are not that smooth, it may be due to the long stay formula. They are also very pigmented and you may have to use an oil-based remover for these. But all these colors are marvellous and hence the post.
2. MOCHA: this goes on lighter than brick and has very very mild shimmer which you can see from very close only. Its towards the neutral hence niether brown nor brick color, with very mild undertones of pink. It’s an amazing color for office wear. And goes on well with any light brown lip liner.
3. COCOA CRÈME: Although the back of the pack depicts a dark color, this lipstick is even lighter than mocha. It’s very close to mocha and again a matte color for office wear. In case you are looking for an every day color, you can either pick this or mocha.
4. EARTH: This is again a similar color to mocha and cocoa crème. But this color is more towards the pink side with pink under tones instead of brick under tones. I would say it’s the perfect brown shade for Indian skin tones. I personally hate dark browns but all these browns are so beautiful too wear that you can pick any of them and be sure to suit you.
5. MERLOT: This is the only color that is not a brown. It is in fact categorised in reds on the Lakme website, this color is more towards the maroon side with brown undertones and shimmer. This is definitely a party wear and not a day time wear as I don’t find it matte at all. In fact it comes out with a mild shine and is exactly the same as the back of the pack shows. It is not that easy to glide in spite of it not being matte. But this a great color for night and party wear.
With the exchange offer going on with Lakme, this is the right time to buy your favourite lipsticks. Although I had bought these long back without any offer, :( I am still contemplating buying the cappuccino shade.(read Rati’s review on Lakme Nine to Five Lipsticks ) I recommend BRICK and MERLOT if you are on the fairer side, and MOCHA and CAPPUCINO if you have olive undertones, EARTH will suit all complexions without fail. All the swatches will appear same as the colors are really overlapping. But it gives a fair idea about some Lakme lipsticks you may want to try the next time you visit a Lakme counter.
- In the top of the box are my 5 loreal lipsticks
- One in pink with PLAY BOY symbol is play boy from Australia (very pretty brick)and a silver casing one next to it is COVER GIRL from oz as well
- Then on the right of the top shelf are my 3 avon back ups which are sealed
- Then inside on the right are my lakme normal lipsticks. I can do a review on those too apart from nine to five ones(all are latest shades)
- Then in the centre are my avon and street wear satin smooth lipsticks
- Then seven oriflame ones
- Some old Elle 18 dew lips
- Some old street wear on the left
- And two revlon minis
The make up box is of course colorbar. They give it to me when I purchased for like 2000. Hope its not too controversial. ;)
Which one of these lipsticks do you like?