Wrap your lips in rich, satiny color with this deeply replenishing lipstick. Infused with moisture-boosting Pro-Xylane™, lips stay moist, soft and comfortable for up to 8 hours. Antioxidant-rich Vitamin E and SPF 12 help keep lips safe from environmental aggressors, so they’ll look and feel healthier day after day. The stay true color won’t feather, flake or fade, so your pout will always look picture-perfect.
- Deeply replenishes, softens and moisturizes lips for up to 8 hours.
- Lips feel comfortable and smooth for hours.
- Intense color glides on evenly and looks satiny.
- Help protect delicate lips against environmental damage, UVA and UVB rays.
- The sleek black case features an innovative magnet closure system and looks undecidedly luxurious.
Lancôme describes Rose Crystal as a “soft mauvey-rose” shade. It falls under the browns-neutrals selection of lipsticks from that range.
About 30 USD.
My Take on Lancome L’Absolu Rouge Lipstick – Rose Crystal:
I seem to think that the way in which Lancôme names its lipsticks is a little confusing. One would expect that a lipstick that is called Rose Crystal is a pink one. However, this lipstick is definitely more brown than pink. It has a frosty (glazy, perhaps) finish to it. However, the frost finish does not really have shimmer to it. It is more lustrous and glazy than anything else. The colour pigmentation is of course not as much as it would be with a creamy or matte formula lipstick. I would say that this lipstick is a little on the sheer side, but the colour pigmentation can easily be built up with many swipes. It is a neutral sort of a pinkish brown colour that would suit many skin tones. However, you have to make sure that you like its glazy finish.
It is a smooth lipstick that is easy to apply and does not disturb dry lips. It does not have a drying effect on the lips. It does not settle in the fine lines of the lips and does not bleed or feather. It can easily be worn without a lip liner if one wants to wear it more casually. Its staying power is quite decent. It easily lasts up to three to four hours and does not easily fade away with eating or drinking.
It is the kind of colour that will suit different kinds of eye makeup. Since it is a neutral pink-brown, it is a useful and staple shade of lipstick. However, I would have preferred this very shade in a creamy matte finish. I am not a fan of very frosty and glazy lipsticks. However, such lipsticks do tend to ‘lift up’ the face a little bit, so there’s that advantage.
Pros of Lancome L’Absolu Rouge Lipstick – Rose Crystal:
- Neutral pink-brown colour that is a staple one. It will suit a lot of skin tones.
- It contains SPF, which is great thing to have in a high-end lipstick.
- It has a somewhat moisturising effect on the lips. It wears smoothly and does not dry the lips out.
- It can be worn as a sheer colour or it can be built up to suit one’s preference.
- The colour pigmentation is more than just moderate, which is good for a frost lipstick.
- The staying power is very good. It lasts up to three to four hours and does not fade away easily.
- It does not bleed, feather or settle in the fine lines of the lips.
Cons of Lancome L’Absolu Rouge Lipstick – Rose Crystal:
- It is a little too glazy in its finish, which is not something that I personally prefer. However, the lipstick in itself (the formula, the texture etc.) does not fall short of its claims.
- The colour, although a nice neutral pink-brown, is one that bright lipstick lovers will take a liking to.
Verdict on Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge Lipstick Rose Crystal:
This is a nice neutral pink-brown lipstick that has a moisturising formula. The lipstick has a nice texture, good staying power and contains SPF. However, if you don’t like glazy or “dull” brown lipsticks, then this one may not be for you.
5/5 as a lipstick (for living up to its claims), but 3.5/5 for the colour and the finish.
Lancome L’Absolu Rouge Lipstick – Shade #354
Lancome L´absolu Nu – 304 Rose Dentelle Lipstick
Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation
Lancome Bi Facil Eye Makeup Remover
Lancome Hypnose Custom Volume Mascara Waterproof
Lancome Maqui Blanc Miracle Brightening Compact
Lancome Blush Subtil Brun Roche 08 Review, Swatch, LOTD
Lancome L’absolu Creme De Brilliance Cream Sheen No. 365
Lancome L’Absolu Nu Lipstick 107 Review, Swatch, FOTD
Lancome L’Absolu Creme De Brillance
Lancome L’Absolu Rouge Brun Legende
Chambor Powder Matte Lipstick Desert Rose
Lotus Herbals Pure Colors Lipstick: Red Rose
Lakme Absolute Matte Lip Color 47 Classic Rose
Streetwear Rich Matte Lipstick: French Rose
Bourjois Sweet Kiss Naturel Lipstick – Rose Sensuel
Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Dusty Rose + Fungal Alert!!!!
Colorbar Creme Touch Lipstick – Candy Rose
Streetwear Rich Matte Lipstick: Misty Rose
Chambor Silk Touch Lipstick – Silk Rose
MAC Fresh Brew Lipstick Review, Swatch, Look
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- does lancome labsolu lipstick have parabens
- l absolu rouge lipstick rose crystall