Fair skin obsession is nothing new in our country. Any product that has ‘skin lightening’ written on it is an instant hit here. We do not hesitate or think twice before applying products which have toxic heavy metals, such as mercury and hydroquinone, in their ingredients. Beat that.
What we do not understand that in rush to get that perfect even and flawless skin tone we are loading our skin with products which could cause a host of other problems in future. There are safer methods, which involves the use of homemade products and ingredients, that will gradually lighten your skin tone without any side effects. However you must remember that preventing skin darkening is easier than trying to lighten skin colour. Mentioned below are few tips and tricks to lighten your skin tone without the use of harsh chemicals.
• If you have dark spots on your face, apply apple cider vinegar twice a day to improve your pH balance and to help lighten your skin. Use caution if you have overly sensitive skin, since apple cider can be acidic.
• Mix a teaspoon of lemon juice with some yogurt and gently rub this mixture on your face. Rinse off with cool water after 10 minutes. Curd is a good source of zinc and lactic acid, both aid in lightening the skin tone.
• Take a tomato and apply its pulp on your skin daily. Wash off with cool water after 20 minutes. It is an excellent remedy to get rid of excess oil and treat open pores of your face.
• Take two teaspoons of mint juice and add half teaspoon of lemon juice in it. Apply it on your face 2-3 times a day and let it air dry before washing it off with normal water. This is an excellent pack for exfoliating your skin and getting rid of whiteheads as well.
• Apply the juice of ripe pineapple to get fair skin naturally at home.
• You can also make a skin lightening cream at home by combing egg whites and lemon juice is equal parts. You must heat the mixture until it thickens and store it in the fridge. Apply it on your face and rinse it after 20 minutes. Apply the mixture daily until you get the skin tone you are looking for.
• Prepare a homemade skin lightener by mixing a teaspoon of sandalwood powder, a teaspoon of turmeric, and a few drops of rose water. Mix these ingredients into a paste and apply it on your face. Let it stay for around 20 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
• Mix together 1 teaspoon each of milk powder, lemon juice and almond oil. Apply this concoction on your skin; massage for few minutes and then leave it on for 15 minutes before washing off. This is an effective skin lightening mask.
• Boil cumin seeds in water, and rinse your face with this water to reveal fair and radiant skin.
• Mix milk powder with honey to make your skin light and eases out fine lines of dry skin.
Along with these methods, always remember to apply a sunscreen on your skin. Follow healthy eating and lifestyle habits and a skin care regimen to enjoy a healthy and even skin tone.
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- how to lighten skin tone naturally
- how to get lighten ur skin