Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Detan: After Sun Face Pack; Pigmentation Removal
I have dry to combination skin which tans very easily….very very easily. Five minutes in the sun is enough to make me look like I’ve been out trekking all afternoon! To add to my woes it is extremely sensitive and most products I have previously tried made me break out :(. This makes me stick to mostly home remedies, but since Lotus is all Herbal, I thought I’d give this a try. And boy oh boy!!! From the first time I used this I have been in love with it!! I so had to write this review!
Price Rs.165 (Indian Rupees)for 100gms.
What it claims: An exclusive formulation to help remove skin tan and other forms of sun damage. Minimizes and Reverses Sun induced damage. Renders a radiant, fair and healthy glow to the skin.
DeTan contains active herbal extracts of liquorice, dandelion and carrot to provide a radiant healthy glow to the skin. Carrot oil contains active antioxidants like Vitamin A and E, nourishes and rejuvenates the skin, dandelion soothes and liquorice inhibits melanin giving an overall lightening effect.
Active Ingredient: Carrot Oil
For all skin types.
Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Detan is a light pinkish colored mask with a thick, clay like consistency. The detan cream comes in a big tube which makes it convenient to use, and is also great from the hygiene point of view. You can take it on the fingers and directly apply it on your face. Has a subtle smell of roses which I totally adore!! I like to mix Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Detan with a few drops of Rose water as the consistency is a little too thick for my liking. However if you are adding rose water, be careful not to add too much as the mask may get too thin. I once added a bit too much rose water and found that it reduces the effectiveness of the mask.
What I love…
- I love how my skin looks instantly fresh and bright as soon as I wash it off!! A month’s worth of sun tan vanished within a matter of 5-6 days!!
- Clay masks generally seem to dry out my dry areas although they clean up my T-zone very well. This one however, left my T-zone clean, and at the same time did not dry out the skin. Seems made to order for combination skin!! I mostly spray on a facial mist after this and don’t even need a moisturizer. Love it!! Love it !! Love it!!
- This even exfoliates dead skin. The flakiness around my nose is reduced each time I use this. It leaves my skin feeling oh so soft!! And yes radiant too!! And I have all the compliments coming my way to prove it!
- Also this comes off easily when washed. Clay masks seem to stick to my skin and I don’t like rubbing my skin too much as it tends to irritate my skin.
- I do not have any marks on my skin so can’t really say if this is effective for depigmentation. Also not sure how this would be effective for sun protection as I generally apply this in the night. Guess the carrot oil would prevent some sun damage and Dandelion helps in soothing the skin.
- The quantity is good enough to last you at least month or more depending on your usage. I have been using this mask for almost a month now on alternate days and there is still quite a bit left in the tube.
A word of caution though: When I apply this mask, there is a very, very mild itching sensation. The first time I used it, I freaked out thinking my skin would react and washed it off very soon. I didn’t want to give it up though, since there were no visible signs of a reaction, and I could already see some good effects on my skin. So I persisted, and for a week I washed it off within 5 to 10 minutes of application leaving it on a bit longer everytime. And it worked!! No rashes or reactions! Yay!! I would still suggest you do a patch test before using it on your face.
Also, the mask is too thick and needs a long time to dry. This is another reason I mix it with a few drops of rose water. Takes ages to dry and I generally lose my patience with it and wash it off sooner that I should. Apart from this I see no other drawbacks in this face pack. I would definitely buy this again and again . I would also like to add here, that the very first product from Lotus I tried, was a moisturizer and I loved it. I have since tried their kajal, sunscreen, lip balm and moisturizers and none of their products have ever let me down.
On a side note, a dermatologist told me, that skin can get tanned even when exposed to heat while cooking etc…I never imagined that!! Any thoughts??
Thank you, Smita. -Rati