Lush Seanik Shampoo Bar
Hi to all. today I have a review of yet another shampoo bar from lush range called the seanik shampoo bar. I was supposed to review it last week only but was too lazy because of other work in hand. So finally wrote the review! Well I had bought jumping juniper shampoo bar and the seanik together. I have already reviewed jumping juniper. Coming to seanik shampoo bar:
What the company claims-
Softening sea salt shampoo with jasmine, mimosa and orange blossom. Many of our planet’s most potent nutrients come from the deep blue sea. Lush has them brought ashore to create an ocean blue Shampoo Bar with protein-rich, softening Irish moss seaweed, Japanese nori seaweed and sea salt to leave your hair soft, nourished and full of body. We could have left it at that, but that’s just not our way. We added lemon oil for extra shine, and the exotic far eastern fragrance of mimosa and jasmine to bathe you in the heady scent of tropical flora. Some say that lush claims that it goes up to 60 washes, however I did not find such claim written on their website so can’t say anything about that.
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Perfume, Nori Seaweed (Algae), Fine Sea Salt, Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Mimosa Absolute (Acacia decurrens), Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Cocamide DEA, *Limonene, Colour 42045 * Occurs naturally in essential oils Vegan
Price and pack 560/- for one solid seanik shampoo bar approx 55g.
I bought the seanik shampoo because I now days hear a lot about sea salt and how it’s awesome for hair, to get volume and shine so I bought seanik. Lush also has another sea salt shampoo called the BIG shampoo but as with lush offer, if you buy two shampoo bars they give you a tin free with that. If you want to buy it separately it would cost you 75/- for the tin.
I wanted to buy another solid shampoo bar so that I could get the free tin!!!
Directions for use- Wet your hair, use the bar and just rub it in the scalp as required. Or alternatively use it you just rub it in your hands like soap and then massage into your hair.
Pros of Lush Seanik Shampoo Bar:
• It’s a solid shampoo, hence takes less space for storage. its equal to I guess 250gms of shampoo.
• Its easy to travel with , even with international flights wherein , u can carry specific amount of liquid cosmetics, with this there’s no such probs.
• The smell is like salt mixed with lots of essential oils. Its does not smell exact like one thing of ingredients mentioned above. its a mix of all that but has a pleasant smell.
• Its lathers well.
• It’s a complete vegan product!
• It did not give me rashes as some drugstore shampoos do… Plus I have sensitive scalp, some other shampoos (I do not want to name ahemm.) causes itchiness on my scalp. but thank god it did not turn out like that.
• If you’re in a hurry and forget to condition it’s alright with this shampoo… I think the seaweed gel kinds of softens the hair to some extent.
After 25 washes…Bechara patla hogaya hehehe.
Cons of Lush Seanik Shampoo Bar:
• Well I was waiting to get nice volume for my hair but it didn’t do any wonders like what it claims!!
• It lathers well but not as much as jumping juniper bar.
• U end up using more product. This shampoo bar didn’t even complete its 25 washes, compared to 34 washes with the jumping juniper!! the amount left will give me max 2 more washes.
• It’s no different from a drugstore shampoo in terms of result; instead they give you more shine! This shampoo has additional essential oils that it… that too didn’t find any thing they did to my hair!
• I don’t know why they have put the seaweed leaves inside… I mean it doesn’t get in your way but they don’t do anything except the visual effect!
• Well now comes the storage thing… well u need to be very careful after you have used the shampoo bar, u need to let it dry on a china clay saucer( apna chai ki pyali) before keeping it in the tin.
Would I take it or toss it?
Toss it girls seriously! Its not value for money…I soooo wanted to love this shampoo with all that sea salt ,lemon oil for that extra shine, that pretty blue clour and stuff but seriously we have much better drugstore shampoos which give lot better shine and volume! Even if we do look at some natural alternatives lush it has better shampoos which I have already tried.
Compared to seanik shampoo bar, jumping juniper shampoo bar is way way way better!
It’s the first time that lush has disappointed me! But still I am not disappointed in my search for a nice sea salt shampoo, I have read rave reviews about lush’s BIG SHAMPOO and H20 plus spa sea salt replenishing shampoo
Will get my hands on one of them pretty soon hehhee.
Love and light.
Lush I Love Juicy Shampoo
Lush NEW! Shampoo Bar and American Cream Conditioner
Lush Angel’s Delight Soap
LUSH Dark Angels Skin Cleanser
Lush Sympathy For Skin Body Lotion
Lush Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar