I just realized the need to change my hair oil. I went to an Ayurvedic shop and the person suggested me Mahabhringraj Oil- a Shriji Herbal product which cost Rs 115 for 200ml. The pack is also available in 100ml.
It comes in a box yellowish green in colour and the oil is dark green colour contained n a glass bottle. It is a herbal product. At first look you may find it very old fashioned to use such a contained given that in today’s world we have such attractively packed products.
Colour and Texture
The oil is very thick, sticky and darkish green in colour.
It is made up of several herbs. Fresh juice extracted from bhringraj and other pure herbs like Padmakastha,Lodhra, Bala, Haridra, DaruHaridra, NagKesar, Priyangu, Yashtimadhu, Anantmool are crushed and prepared in pure sesame (til) oil.
Mahabhringraj Oil Explains
Mahabhringraj oil is traditionally made from pure herbs like Bhringraj, Manjisth, Sariva, Hibiscus, Nagkeshar and other effective herbs.
Stops hair fall, promotes hair growth, stops Premature greying of hair. Reduces headache and ensures good sleep.
The formula of the oil is based on age old Ayurvedic script Bhaishayjaratnavali. Nowadays youth and most of the people are suffering from greying and falling of hair. Mahabhringraj oil nourishes the hair roots preventing the above. Als hair fall activated in many diseases like fever, surgical procedures,delivery etc. stops by using this oil. Regular us of this oil strengthens hair, blackens it, removes dandruff and roughness of scalp skin and provides smoothness. Above all this oil is useful in headache, burning sensation of eyes, earache and beneficial for nostrils if oil put into it by drops. Incase of troticoils oil massage and fomentation to neck is beneficial.
Directions for use:
Take oil in palm and massage gently at the hair root level with fingertips. In burning sensation put a few drops of water in scalp and apply the oil. Oil must be put twice a week after a hair wash.
For external use only.
My Experience with Mahabhringraj Oil
When I started using the oil I found it very sticky and the packing very difficult to handle. It did not have a nozzle for the oil to flow. But it did remove all the dandruff and scalp skin roughness even providing a shine to my hair. Additionally it also prevented my hair fall. I was just overjoyed with the texture of my hair after applying this oil. You will see instant results.
Pros of Mahabhringraj Oil
1. It comes in 100ml, 200ml bottles and has its expiry date 4 years from the date of manufacture.
2. It is available an almost all chemist shops.
3. It is cost effective way to remove dandruff and prevent hair fall rather than most of other products and parlour treatments.
Cons of Mahabhringraj Oil
1. It is very sticky and make sure you wash your comb after you have used it on application of the oil. It did attract the ants when I kept my comb for an hour or so near the wash basin.
2. It does not have a nozzle hence remove it in a container and then apply it.
3. It has no visual appeal to attract the youngsters attention and looks like a product directly taken from “dadima ke nuskhe”.
My Rating: 4.75/5(Minus 0.25)
Will I buy Again: Ofcourse Yes!