What Makeup Brushes Do You Need?
Ok, so let’s talk makeup brushes! Don’t you just love it how there are gazillion (Alright, I know I am exaggerating ! :p) brushes available to get that make up just right !? I know I do. The right kind of make up brush is just as important as the product itself and it’s no secret. You can have the best brand of eye shadow but if not applied with the correct brush, it’s bound to look “made-up”. Our aim is to apply make-up in such a way so as to make it look as if we were born with it. The right brush can help you achieve just that. Now let me take you on a tour into the awesome world of make up brushes and tell you what all brushes are there for what purposes. Fasten your seat belts girls. Here we go! Eyes Say It All – Must Have Eye Makeup brushes
- Eye Shadow Brush – Dab a color of joy on the eye lid with this flat brush. Make sure it is stiff enough. Stiff bristles help you pick up enough color.
- Blending Brush- This baby helps you blend multiple eye shadow shades. You can create that smouldering smokey eye look with it and what not. It inspires you to bring out that creative spirit in you.
- Angled Brush- This stiff brush helps lining the lash lines with perfection. Applying powder eye liner becomes a cake walk with this brush.
- Pencil Brush- Use this brush for smudging color on the upper and lower lash line. It works wonders when applying color to the crease for a defined look.
- Eyeliner Brush- This brush helps you apply a thin line of eye liner that glides on smoothly with precision. Try flicking it out with this brush and create that cat’s eye look.
- Eyebrow & eyelash comb- As the name suggests, this brush is used for combing eyebrow hair and helping you separate lash hair thus removing mascara clumps. It’s a must have if you are a mascara fanatic like me. Better buy metal teeth lash combs.
- Mascara Brush – This is the brush used to apply my favorite makeup product. That’s right. Mascara it is! It is so important to choose the right kind of mascara brush. I cannot stress this more. Things to be kept in mind when shopping for one are:-
- a) The shape of the brush (I personally love curved ones.)
- b) The length of the bristles
- c) The space between bristles
Go for the best of mascara but never underestimate the importance of the right brush to apply it. The right kind of brush is equally important as the product quality itself.
- Foundation Brush – This brush can be used to apply any kind of foundation be it liquid, cream or solid. Its unique shape helps achieve a flawless look by giving you total coverage. The bristles of this brush need to be stiff.
- Powder Brush – This brush works well when applying loose powder in order to set the foundation. It is suggested to have separate brushes each for applying blush and powder.
- Brush for the blushing you (Blush brush)– A brush like the third one in the picture above is recommended for applying blush. Better avoid the small ones that come along with the packaging when you buy blush. Its unique shape makes it easier to blend. Always go for the ones with soft bristles if you don’t want to risk overdoing it.
- Highlighter Brush – Highlight those cheeks with this awesome brush. You can also apply blush using the soft bristles of this brush. It applies color like a dream.
- Fan Brush – This is basically a multi-purpose brush. You can use it for dusting off excess eye make up, to even out loose powder, for adding shimmer on your face, blending, applying blush, etc.
- Lip Brush – Use this brush for a controlled application of lipstick. It helps you blend the lip liner into the lipstick perfectly. You can make use of this brush to apply eye liner too. The stiff bristles help make that task easier.
The world of brushes is huge and often confusing. Only I know how confusing it was for me when I first became aware of this astounding world of make up as a young girl. I was like “So why exactly are there separate brushes for blush, powder and foundation?” Thanks to the sales girls at the makeup product counters for bearing with me. I have learned a lot from the trained staff at such counters and from the internet of course.
In this article I have only covered the basic types of brushes that are a must-have in your kit. There are way many other types of brushes too that make up artists use. Remember, a right brush is as important as the product itself if you want to achieve the flawless look for yourself. You might think I am repeating myself but I thought it’s worth mentioning again. You get it now.
Have a great day !