What The Company Claims About The Product:
• Power Curve brush dramatically curls and extends lashes 45º from root to tip with 12 hours of hold.
• Step 1: Curls to a 45° angle.
• Step 2: Provides 12-hour hold.
• Contact lens safe, ophthalmologist-tested.
• Washable, also available in Waterproof.
For Best Results:
• Sweep the curling basecoat from root to tip of lashes to lengthen and curl.
• Before the basecoat dries, follow with the topcoat to lock on intense colour and maintain a 12-hour hold on the curl.
• Removes easily with soap and water or Expert Eyes® 100% Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover.
See more about this mascara here.
Retails for around 7-8 Dollars.
Side 1- Lash primer.
Side 2- Mascara.
My Take on Maybelline XXL Curl Power Mascara:
I got this around February this year (2011) and was absolutely in love with the way it worked. Since the last 2 months, I noticed that it is drying up and getting messy to work with.
The product comes in a purple and black thick cylinder like packaging. It’s a dual-ended mascara, with primer side and mascara side. Both ends screw off and are labelled “1″ and “2″ for easy understanding and use. The primer side has this white-coloured substance in it. The product claims to have micro-fibre technology and I have noticed that this primer part brings about most of the thickening, lengthening and curling effect. The “C” shaped curved brush wand is very unique and intriguing. It can get a little tricky to work with initially, but once you get a hang of it, you will definitely like it more than the usual straight wands.
As mentioned, you are supposed to use this primer side first, let it dry slightly and then apply coats of mascara. The mascara side also has the same curved shape. I have sparse lashes and with this product I always got amazing results. No doubt the combined effect of both the sides give great results but, sometimes in haste, I end up using just the mascara side, and I still get nicely curled lashes.
It never clumped, flaked off or smudged (when it was comparatively new). Unfortunately, it is drying up now, clumps and does not deliver the same curling effect like it used to before.
Overall, this is one seriously amazing product I have ever tried. The drying up part is a little upsetting, but anyway, it is advisable to discard your mascaras after every 6 months. So, no complaints!!!!
What I Like About Maybelline XXL Curl Power Mascara:
• C-shaped curved brushes are very unusual and give good curling effect.
• When used properly, as directed, using both the sides, it gives awesome results.
• Did not clump, flake off (for the first few months).
• Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
• Washes off easily without harming the lashes.
• Decently priced.
What I Do Not Like about Maybelline XXL Curl Power Mascara:
• Completing the 2 -tep procedure takes time, so I don’t reach for this when I am in a rush.
• Has dried up in 6-7 months and does not perform the way it used to before.
• I think this particular one is not available in India.
IMBB Rating: 3.75 ON 5 :-* :-* :-*
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
Maybelline Colossal Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara
Maybelline Waterproof Volum’ Express Cat Eyes Mascara
Maybelline Colossal Kajal Photos, Swatches
Maybelline Makeup Remover
Maybelline Crayon Liner
L’oreal Professional Shine and Curl Hair Masque
Deborah Milano Definitive Volume and Curl Mascara Marrone Brown
Oriflame Power Curl Mascara
Schwarzkopf Smooth N Shine Curl Activating Creme Gel
Lancome Oscillation Power Foundation
Oriflame Power Shine Lip Gloss with 3D Light Reflecting Technology – Red Ovation
MAC Feline Kohl Power Eye Pencil Review, EOTD, Experiment
MAC Fleur Power Blush