A nice cleanser is very important for me, as it is for everyone. My combination skin tends to become dark and crusty if it doesn’t get a suitable cleanser. For a long time I was hooked to Ponds Flawless White but as all these new-new products that keep coming up in the market with their fairytale claims, experimenting is a must.
One such experiment was Neutrogena Fine Fairness Cleanser which was not used by me much. I thought of writing a review about it as brand Neutrogena is big and I wanted to share my experience with you all here.
What : Neutrogena Fine Fairness Cleanser
Price: I don’t remember exactly.
Quantity : 100 G
Neutrogena Fine Fairness Cleanser is a purifying cleanser that thoroughly removes impurities to help improve overall fairness and translucence.
• Contains Vitamin C and proven skin lighteners that help improve fairness and translucence. Essential Soy, an exclusive soybean extract is known to improve fairness and clarity of the skin.
• Effectively cleanses to improve skin clarity. Rich, creamy foam gently lifts away dirt, surface oil, and skin-dulling dead skin cells while maintaining the skin’s natural moisture level.
Dermatologist tested formula is
(Information taken from the back of the tube)
My experience with the Product
• I bought this from Big-bazaar where Neutrogena Products were on a separate display and with an aggressive SA.
• All the product of this range has white packaging. The cleanser comes in white tube with a good dose of Chinese like language, perhaps it is Korean as the product is made in Korea.
• Vitamin C & Soy as ingredients was impressive as my skin love Vitamin-C and Soy was new for me.
• There isn’t any mention of as to what skin type the product is good for, so I thought maybe all skin types (big mistake).
• It’s a cream kind of cleanser. Its colour is slightly yellow-cream, which is certainly not flattering.
• It doesn’t foam easily; I have to rub it on my hands to make foam.
• It badly stings my eyes even if just a little product gets into my eyes.
• It has a mild fragrance that is just O.K.
• After wash my face is as good as my face with plain water wash!!!
• No Brightness-No oil reduction- No clean feel.
• After only two-three my skin was dark but I was still using it as this was a new up-market product. But when my friend asked me why I was looking so dark? Then I had to stop using it.
• My face become like I had started swimming in a pool with high chlorine content.
Pros of Neutrogena Fine Fairness Cleanser
• There’s none in fact it is the worst cleanser/ face wash that I have ever used. In fact I wonder whether it will suit any skin types. Please comment and tell if it had worked well for any one at IMBB, maybe it’s not suitable for Indian climate & skin.
Cons of Neutrogena Fine Fairness Cleanser
• There is not any difference after a face wash with this.
• Doesn’t brighten up face.
• No clean feeling after wash.
• With regular use it forms a dark-layer.
• Its cream base not foam base: but that is a personal preference.
• Contains different kind of Paraben- Mrthylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propyparaben, and Isobutyparaben.
A total waste of money kind of product, one more disappointment from Neutrogena as I also didn’t liked their sunscreen.
Not to anyone.
Will I buy it again
Have you used Neutrogena Fine Fairness Cleanser? Please rate in the box below.
Neutrogena Fine Fairness Essence
Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser
Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub
Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture – Facial Moisturizer with UVA/UVB Sun protection
Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser & Deep Clean Foaming Pads
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50 and Garnier Sun Control Moisturizer
Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Skin Brightening Whitening Serum Review
Homemade Aloe Vera Anti Blemish Serum
Neutrogena Fine Fairness Brightening Serum Review