A gentle massage on the face with your favorite night cream before bedtime is a perfect way to end your day’s beauty regimen, but why should you use a night cream at all and what are the things you should bear in mind while picking a night cream for yourself? In this article, you would get an answer to each of your question. Keep reading!
Why Night Creams?
Your skin has to put up with so much of stress and pollution throughout the day. Hence, it needs to be repaired and rejuvenated at the end of the day. Moreover, skin starts to lose its elasticity with the passage of time and in order to retain the firmness, you need to treat your skin in a special way. This is where the significance of a night cream comes into play. Night creams work when you sleep and over time, they nourish, replenish and clarifies your skin. Actually, the skin’s power of absorption increases at night when one sleeps. Therefore, a night cream should be a part of every woman’s routine in order to smoothen out wrinkles and make skin look healthy.
Night Cream Benefits:
- Night creams have ingredients like collagen, vitamins and amino acids that help in stimulating cell growth.
- Whether you have a dry skin, oily skin or combination skin, a night cream is there to suit your skin type perfectly and get absorbed without a problem; the result is your skin feels hydrated and soft and not your pillows!!
- Daily usage helps to combat uneven complexion and wrinkled skin.
- The appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of ageing can be postponed if the right kind of night cream is used and proper skincare regimen is made to complement it. Night creams have special nutrients that aid in fighting free radicals.
How To Choose Night Creams?
There are hundreds of night creams available in the market. A few factors that should affect your choice of night creams are:
1. Your age.
2. The needs of your skin.
3. The price (in general, night creams are found to be more costly than the range of day creams).
4. The list of ingredients.
5. Your skin type.
Here are a few tips that would help you invest in the right kind of night cream:
- If you have oily skin, opt for a night cream that is oil free. You may also check out if it contains alpha hydroxy acids or beta hydroxyl acids. Look for non-comedogenic formula in your night cream.
- If your skin is dry, look for a night cream that offers you a heavy cream base, meant especially for your skin type.
- At the age of twenty, your night creams should contain natural ingredients like aloe vera, honey and essential oils.
- Look for night creams with active ingredients like collagen, amino acids, ceramides and retinol, rich in anti-oxidants, when you are in your thirties.
- When you are in your forties, you should invest in a night cream that has contents like peptides, retinol, lipids panthenol, collagen, essential oils, ceremides, soy extract and vitamins. It should be able to fight puffiness, wrinkles and pigmentation.
- In your fifties and sixties, it is important that you get hold of extra-rich night creams which are tailor made for old and matured skin.
How To Use Night Creams?
Here is a step-wise guide to the use of night creams:
- Cleanse your face thoroughly with a gentle cleanser, suited to your skin type. Pat your face dry.
- Apply night cream in gentle upward strokes and circular motions by using your fingers. Avoid the area around your eyes.
- Never forget applying the cream in your neck.
- Ideally, you should apply a night cream 30 minutes before you go to bed.
- Lastly, you should be religious in applying night cream regularly.
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How To Minimize A Large Forehead
How to Wear Belts
Himalaya Revitalizing Night Cream
Pond’s Age Miracle Overnight Repair Dream Night Cream
Lakme Fruit Moisture Skin Renewal Night Cream
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- night creams
- how to use night cream