Lip balms, Yes lip balms. We all love lip balms.
If there was anything I could take to a deserted island if only one thing, that would be my lip balm!
Yes I am going to say over sunscreen it would be my lip balm. The only thing in this world I reach for every 2 hours of my life no matter which place I am.
Nivea is a brand we all know about and it is been reviewed highly and everyone just loves nivea lip balms.
Nivea is a global skin- and body-care brand, owned by the German company Beiersdorf. The company was founded on March 28 1882 by pharmacist Carl Paul Beiersdorf. In 1900, the new owner Oskar Troplowitz developed a water-in-oil emulsifier as a skin cream with Eucerit, the first stable emulsion of its kind. This was the basis for Eucerin and late Nivea. Nivea comes from the Latin word niveus/nivea/niveum(meaning snow-white).
Now there are two lip balms like this being offered I do not know if it’s just their name which are different or even the constituents because the one I have says nivea repair and when I was searching on internet some say repair and some say repair and protection.
Find out more about nivea lip balms and range HERE
SKIN TYPE: Dry and Chapped Lips
EXPERTISE: Contains natural moisturising ingredients – Almond
Oil & Shea butter advanced formula with Hydra mine and Grape Seed Extract
BENEFIT: Locks in moisture in the lips and keeps your lips soft and
- Effectively protects sensitive lips before they crack.
- Strengthen lip skin barrier functions.
- Contains natural ingredients: Bisabolol andshea butter.
Pros of Nivea Lip Care Repair & Protection Lip Balm
- No scent or no odour of any sort
- No lips tickling effect like the carmex lip balms
- Affordable Rs 129 retails
- Alright packaging
- Have so many variants to choose from . It depends on your preference cherry, essential ,repair,etc
- Helps soothe chapped lips. Even painfully chapped lips
- I apply this all over my lips, extra on sides and even on the boundary line and go to sleep at night.
- Does a good job of curing the tiny cracking in winters.
- The fact that a woman can never have too many lip balms. This is my bed side staple.
- With no colour this just does a repair job. Being inexpensive can be tried for ladies who are regular lipstick wearers, suffer from super dry lips like I do, or stay in cold areas.
- It is also a great overnight treatment for sensitive lips.
Cons of Nivea Lip Care Repair & Protection Lip Balm
- Melts in heat if left in car
- I think the packaging is a little boring for a lip balm but again that’s just me.
- Availability. I got mine last year and do not if it still seen widely in the bazaar.
- It does not sink into the lips easily needs a little rubbing even after applying from the tube.
- No colour at all for those who expect nivea to have a little colour in its balms .
It would give it a :-* :-* :-* + 0.5 rating for being good at its job and price.
Hope you all have a happy lips day
Have you used Nivea lip Care ? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
Nivea Fruity Shine Pomegranate Tinted Lip Balm Review
The Body Shop Delipscious Tinted Lip Balm Photos and Swatches
How to make Tinted Lip Balm at Home
MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner Fuchsia Fix Review
Maybelline Lip Smooth Color & Care Balm SPF 16 Review, Swatches
Nivea Smooth Body Milk Review
Nivea Caregloss & Shine Review
Nivea Fruity Shine Pink Guava Lip Balm Review