NYX Eyeshadow Trio in Copper/ Rust/ Bronze Review
NYX eyeshadows have always been one of my all time favorite makeup products because of their price, quality, pigmentation, staying power as well as the amazing range of colors available. The idea of 3 amazing coordinated NYX shadows in one trio sounded fascinating enough to order a few of them.
One of the trios I ordered was the Copper/Rust/Bronze trio which also happens to be my favorite NYX eyeshadow trio ever. Copper is a nice burgundy type color, Rust is the most gorgeous color I have ever come across – it is a medium toned bronzey golden orangey color with warm undertones and Bronze is a semi-matte warm toned deeper bronze chocolaty color.
(Lto R: Copper, Rust, Bronze)
Websites describe NYX Eyeshadow Trio as a combination of the hottest colors to compliment any skin tone in one complete eye shadow set. Each set includes 3 colors, mirror and sponge applicator. This Eyeshadow Trio is one of the most popular products from NYX.
Magnesium Stearate, Talc, Mica, Paraffinum Liquidum, Octyl Palmitate, Butylate Hydroxy Anisole, Porpyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben.
$5.99-$8.00; Rs. 520/- on urbantouch.com.
Available in India in certain NYX stores as well as online shopping sites such as urbantouch.com, cosmetix.in, etc. (This particular trio is currently not available on cosmetix.in) Nonpareilboutique.com, cherryculture.com, porkdaisy.com, other online stores where NYX cosmetics are sold.
Available in 45 combinations.
What I Love about NYX Eyeshadow Trio in Copper/ Rust/ Bronze:
• The colors are very beautiful and the combination works perfectly in creating a dramatic metallic eye that’s perfect for weddings and parties. The shadows also work just on their own. Any one color, especially rust and bronze can be applied on the entire lid and the eye look gets complete.
• The shadows have a beautiful metallic sheen and look quite dramatic with just a single swipe. Multiple looks can be created with this trio depending on whether it should be worn during the day or during parties.
• The shadows in this trio have a beautiful texture and are extremely soft and blend like a dream.
• Pigmentation is amazing. The colors look extremely vibrant even without using any eye base. I cannot say the same for other trios I own as the quality of shadows in NYX trios do not necessarily match up to the single shadows. Some are quite chalky and sheer but this trio is very pigmented, soft and blends very well.
• The shadows last all day both with and without a primer. That’s how pigmented these are.
• Even without an eyeshadow base, I notice that these shadows don’t crease on me at all, given that I have quite oily eyelids.
• The colors are also best for someone who is just beginning with makeup. Just one color can be used on the lid without the risk of messing up the look. Really foolproof.
• There is almost no fall-out with these colors.
• Even though the staying power and pigmentation is great, removing them is extremely hassle-free. Any makeup remover works just fine and just one swipe of the remover is enough to get all the shadows off.
• The trio comes in a compact with a decent mirror and a dual sided sponge tip applicator making it perfect for travels.
• This particular combination of colors is absolutely perfect for bridal looks and party wear. These colors go with every outfit and are suitable for any time of the day.
• The trio comes with 3 decent sized shadows for about $6. It is a great deal for the quality and as a little goes a long way, this trio should last forever and ever.
• The combination of colors is quite unique and I feel a must for everyone who enjoys those metallic warm toned shadows such as goldens and bronzes.
• Perfect for Indian skintones!
(Swatches using just one swipe of the sponge applicator it comes with and without a base – Lto R: Copper, Rust, Bronze)
What I Don’t Love about NYX Eyeshadow Trio in Copper/ Rust/ Bronze:
• The packaging is quite difficult to open at times. The plastic is quite cheap and girls with longer nails, beware! You could easily chip off a nail or two in the process of opening it up. This doesn’t hold true for all the trios I own, but I do have this problem with a couple of them.
• The colors are not labeled properly. Copper is more of a burgundy color, Rust more of a golden color whereas bronze is a deeper browner version of the rust color.
This is an amazing trio with all the colors being super pigmented and extremely soft as well as easy to blend in. This is one palette I go back to over and over again. I highly recommend this trio to anyone who is looking for golden, bronze shadows with a high sheen and a metallic effect to them. I am taking a half star off because of the somewhat cheap packaging.
NYX Eyeshadow Base – Skin Tone Review, LOTD
NYX Chrome EyeShadow Mink, Seclude Review, Photos, Swatch
NYX High Definition EyeShadow Base
NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Loose Powder Eyeshadow Silver Pearl
NYX Box of Smokey Look Collection (S114)
Maybelline Expertwear Eyeshadow Trio Bronze Glitz
Chambor EyeShadow Trio (Bronze)
L’oreal Paris – Color Appeal Trio Pro EyeShadow Review & Tutorial
Faces Minerals Eye Shine Trio Beechwood 01
Deborah Milano Trio Hi-Tech Dry n Wet EyeShadow – Gold Fever
Valentine’s Day Soft Pinks With Bourjois Smokey Eye Trio
Eye Makeup Tutorial : Golden Bronze
Dark Green Copper Eye Makeup Look
MAC Cream Colour Base Improper Copper Review, Swatch, FOTD
Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow – Copper Coast
Copper Eye Makeup Tutorial
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Bronze Review, Swatch, FOTD
Summer Gold Bronze Eye Makeup Look
The Body Shop Brush On Bronze
The Body Shop Honey Bronze Lip Nectars Honey Bunch and Honey Beige