I was on the lookout for a very fine, felt-tip, jet black eye liner. Some online research and mostly product availability on online shopping sites, led me to this skinny liner from NYX.
Product description on website:
The micro-fine felt tip on this eye liner means you can use it for everything from filling in your eyelash line to a subtle cat-eye look. The eye marker application is smooth and the striking results are long-lasting and smudge-proof.
NYX Super Skinny Eye Marker is:
• A pen eyeliner with a slim felt tip.
• Designed to release the perfect amount of color for precise application.
• Long-lasting and smudge proof.
• Able to deliver a clean, professional line.
Apply directly to the upper and lower lash line around the eyes. Store with pen tip down and cap tightly secured.
• Not Animal Tested
• Opthalmologist Tested
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Alcohol, Black 2 (CI 77266), Polyacrylate-16, Disodium Cetyl Phenyl Ether Disulfonate, PEG/PPG-14/4 Dimethicone, PEG-14 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium Laurel Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulface
Rs. 750/- (I got it online for Rs. 630/-)
It comes in a compact, plastic case that can be just thrown away. The actual pen is made of a good quality plastic. It feels ditto like any stationery marker. The way they have written the word “eye” in between Skinny & Marker on the liner is fairly indicative of the fact it is meant to look like a sharpie/marker. The cap closes tightly but I wish it had a distinct click sound; there is something about hearing the tight shut “click” that is very reassuring. I’m never at ease when I put the cap back on & keep pressing it hard to make sure it stays put.
It indeed is super fine, it is also very sturdy. It gives great control while using it in the inner corner or creating a wing. When I first used it felt super stiff, but after almost a month now I feel like it is not as stiff before. It still is the stiffest liner or brush I own so it fulfills its purpose. Best part is it has not frayed; I had a few from ELF that would start to fray when they got dry.
Color pay-off & Staying Power:
This is not the darkest liner I have. But if I keep drawing over the line then it intensifies & does look jet black. But for a very intense color I prefer my gel or liquid liners. It stays on till you want to remove it & does not fade away in patches. The formula adheres to the skin well.
This will be a good liner to draw lines or tiny designs. But make sure not to press the tip too much when you want very thin lines. It is black on one light swipe but multiple swipes gives a better color pay-off.
Pros of NYX Super Skinny Eye Marker in Carbon Black:
• Excellent for beginners
• The tip is really very fine, allows great control in creating precise lines or points
• Dark black color that can be intensified
• Easily available here online
• It really is smudge proof & long lasting
• Comes off easily with any eye makeup remover
• The tip does not get dirty when used over eyeshadow
• The tip is sturdy enough after a month of continuous use
• Can be used over liquid or gel liner to correct any untidy lines
• It is Not Animal Tested, Hypoallergenic, Non-Comedogenic & Opthalmologist Tested
In the image below, on the upper eye I have no liner but on the lower one, I have the thinnest possible liner I could manage. It would extremely well if going for a “no-liner” liner look; the lashes appear thicker when the liner is applied this thinly.
Cons of NYX Super Skinny Eye Marker in Carbon Black:
• Does not give a very strong jet black color.
• Though the tip is very sturdy & has not frayed, I feel like it is not as stiff as when I first used it.
• Tip is very small, I only reach for when I want a precise, thin line; avoid it for thick looks.
• Not a con per se, but someone can really mistake this for a marker pen; because NYX wanted it to resemble a stationery marker & did a good job with that, maybe too good!
• I personally wish the tip was longer.
• When applied repeatedly to intensify the color, it can look patchy if you don’t apply equal number of strokes over the entire liner.
Below image is to show the clean lines one can achieve with it even through the lower lashes. The inner corners & wing can also be made very pointed.
3.5/5, had been perfect if the tip were a bit longer & if it were jet black.
Will I recommend & repurchase NYX Super Skinny Eye Marker in Carbon Black?
I do recommend this to those who need a super-duper thin felt-tip. Others needn’t pay much attention to it. This is a decent liner, not the best I’ve used so far. But somehow I am not inclined towards purchasing this again because I want to try a few more brands. This is good but doesn’t feel like the best. Nowadays, I’m solely using it to create very pointed & precise inner/outer corners, for the remaining liner, I prefer using the gel or liquid liner I have as they have bigger brushes. I also would recommend this to someone who wants to give their liner a neater look in the end. The pointy, thin tip is good for correcting any crooked lines.
I hope this helped you and until next time Happy Makeuping!
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye pen
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner (Twinkle) Photos, Swatches
A Review of Revlon Colorstay Top Coat and Bourjois Base Coat
Revlon Colorstay Aqua Mineral Makeup brush
Revlon Colorstay Aqua Mineral Makeup sifter
Party Make Up Tutorial: Turquoise Blue/Green Eyes and Neon Pink Lips
Which are your favourite Revlon products : Ask IMBB
NYX Liquid Eye Liner Review
Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (Black) Review, Photos, Swatches
Tips & Toes Gel Eyeliner
Inglot Matte Gel Eye Liner Review, Photos and Swatches
Oriflame Giordani Gold Gel Eyeliner Deep Green Review, Swatch
Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel EyeLiner Caviar Ink Review, Swatches
L’oreal 24 Hour Superliner Gel Eyeliner Photos, Swatches