Kajal is one and probably the only beauty product that I can’t do without. I had my ‘eyes’ on ‘Oriflame Beauty Eye Intensity Pencil ’ for a long time and when I saw this product on saIe, I obviously decided to try them out!
What the product claims: A creamy smooth sharpenable pencil for lining, defining, colouring and contouring eyes. With advanced silicone technology for exceptional glidability and blend. 7 hour smudge-proof once set. 1g
Price: Rs 239/- (MRP) I got them @ Rs 127/- (Membership Discount + Sale)
Shades Available: Intense Black, Chestnut Brown, Navy Blue, Precious Green, Charcoal Grey, Silver Prune
I had a tough time zeroing upon the shades but finally got myself the black, brown, green and the purple one!
Intense Black: It is one of the darkest eye pencil I’ve ever used. It is as dark as our traditional kajal. This one has surely replaced my routine Kajal.
Chestnut Brown: I love this shade! It is just perfect for everyday look. Very subtle and looks natural. Use this to avoid the harshness of a black liner.
Precious Green: I was a bit apprehensive about getting this shade and I wasn’t too sure if I’d be able to carry it off but I’m glad I got this one. It is a bit bluish green colour (greener than the picture) – very rich. Girls with brown eyes must be very careful while using green on eyes as some shades of green tend to bring out the yellowish overtones of brown eyes(some may even want that to make the eyes look ‘goldenish’). As this is bluish green, we don’t need to worry about that.
Silver Prune: This shade is pure gorgeousness! I think purple looks great on brown eyes and every Indian girl must have a purple liner in her makeup bag.
What I like about Oriflame Beauty Eye Intensity Pencil’:
- Shades Available: What makes these eye pencils so irresistible is the selection of shades. It is beautiful, perfect for everyday use.
- Finish: The eye pencil is matte(satiny) with no glitter or shine. One thing I hate about the colorful eyeliners from other brands in the same price bracket is that they contain a lot of glitter (Lakme, Maybelline). By the end of an hour or two the glitter finds its way to my nose somehow!
- The matte finish makes it look professional: perfect for office and college wear.
- Texture: It is extremely smooth and creamy. It doesn’t tug at my eyelids.
- Long Stay: It stays put for a decent amount of time(5+ hrs) but it does smudge a bit, especially in a humid weather condition.
- Colour Payoff : It varies. While the black one is really really dark and intense black, the purple one is a bit lighter than expected. But overall the colour payoff is great
- Packaging: The end of the pencils is coloured which makes it very easy to locate in a crowded makeup box.
- The price: Without sale, I’d still get it at around Rs 191/-( 25% membership discount). Even at this price, it’d be a steal.
What I don’t like about Oriflame Beauty Eye Intensity Pencil’:
- As these pencils are extremely creamy, sharpening them is a difficult task. One has to have a good sharpener.
- It gets used up pretty fast.
- They are a bit difficult to remove. I have to wash my face twice/thrice to remove it completely.
Will I buy them again? Oh yes, Most definitely!!
Rating : :-* :-* :-* :-* + 0.5
Have you tried Oriflame Beauty Eye Intensity Pencil? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :