Oriflame Tea Tree Purifying Wash and Tone Gel- A Review
I had never had troubles with skin eruptions until two-three years back. Then I realized that this was the period when I never used any face makeup. I have been wearing kajal since birth and lipsticks since I was 10. But I never felt the need and was never allowed to use any face makeup other than talc.
Then, I started using face makeup when I got a job. And, they arrived….
Nasty zits, blackheads and whiteheads…… Aaaargh!!!!!
So tried a variety of cleansers and face washes: till I found my HG Himalaya Cleansing milk. But I still haven’t found my HG face wash.
On top of that I have extremely dry skin, so I can’t use those strong, alcoholic toners.
So you can understand how elated I was to find a Purifying Wash and Tone Gel in the Oriflame catalogue.
This wash and tone gel is part of the Tea tree oil purifying range, out of which SDush has already reviewed the Oriflame Tea Tree Purifying Blemish Solver.
So I ordered it without further ado. Its MRP is Rs. 298/- but me being a consultant, got it for Rs. 238/- (At 20% discount).
Me with dry skin and my friend with really oily skin bought this together and we both have been using this twice a day, since past 20 days.
So here is how I found Oriflame Tea Tree Purifying Wash and Tone Gel:
- It does purify and tone. I was worried a bit about both, as I didn’t want it to over-dry my skin.
- But, no. It does deep cleanse, removes any oil residue that may be there on my nose area. And also my skin feels toned, and not stretched after using this.
- It cools and soothes the skin instantly. So if you have a lot of painful zits, it will calm your skin down.
- The smell is intense but I like it a lot. It smells like pure organic tea tree oil which it claims to contain.
- I have seen a reduction in whiteheads and blackheads since I am using it. Though not very drastic. But I am sure if I keep using it religiously, it will help a lot.
- I didn’t even get a single zit even during that period of the month.
- My skin looks and feels better.
- The toning effect is mild and not at all discomforting.
- You only need a 50 paise coin sized amount. I haven’t finished even 1/4 th of the tall bottle in 20 days. So this is gonna last me long.
- The quantity is WOW for the price. 150 ml!!!!
- The packaging is nice and simple. I quite like the intense green colour of the gel and the bottle.
- The cap is screw-on and tight.
- It dispenses the product through a small hole. So you can easily control the quantity.
The cons I found with Oriflame Tea Tree Purifying Wash and Tone Gel are-
- It may be too strong smelling for some people.
- Despite of containing SLS, it doesn’t lather well.
- I like my face wash to lather a lot, to make me feel cleansed.
- It doesn’t lather on your face, but if you mix with a few drops of water and rub it in your palms it lathers satisfactorily.
- So initially you may waste some product to generate some good lather. I did.
So all in all, I liked this face wash. I won’t say this is my HG face wash. But it is good if you have skin eruptions.
I will give Oriflame Tea Tree Purifying Wash and Tone Gel- :-* :-*:-*
Now, here is what my friend with Oily skin thought.
- She also liked the smell, packaging, quantity and feel.
- But, it didn’t clean her face as well as mine.
- Her skin became oily after just 15 minutes of using it.
- She didn’t feel any toning effect.
- She loved the cooling and soothing effect.
- She tried to use a bit more of the product to get rid of oil, but it didn’t work.
- She doesn’t have blackheads or whiteheads but often has 3-4 zits on her face at the same time.
- This gel did nothing to control her zits or oiliness.
- She also hated the fact that, this gel doesn’t lather well.
So all in all, she is not happy with it.
She gave it- :star: :star:
Now, you may ask why two people with such different skins tried this face wash. That is because, the product does not say, which type of skin it is suitable for. I bought it to prevent zits and to avoid using toner.
My friend bought it to control zits and oiliness.
So after this experiment, I am forced to conclude, that this product is only suitable for dry to combination skin.
So all you IMBB ladies with oily skin- Stay away!!!