So here’s an article which may let you think a bit further about how helpful and important our beloved sunglasses are.
Frankly speaking I like sunglasses because they just make me look ruse and vague and the other people curious. 😛
Now you know why celebs wear sunglasses even at homes. 😛
The shape, size and color of the particularly dominate and diverse each of them and somehow reflects your personality and mood too.
The history of sunglasses can be traced down to Rome and China. Chinese judges wore dark glasses made of quartz to appear expressionless during trials. Colored glasses some how evolved from 1700s. But the contemporary sunglasses were born in 1929 whereas the polarized version of sunglasses surfaced somewhere in 1936.
Benefits of wearing sunglasses
• Improves vision and reduces glare. They soothe the eyes.
• Sunglasses provide protection from the harmful ultraviolet rays which supposedly cause cataracts and also damage the retina.
• They protect your eyes from UVB and UVA radiations. These radiations can damage the retina and cornea. Look for sunglasses with 100% UV protection or a UV 400.
• They protect your eyes from the excessive harmful and bright light, which can damage the iris.
• People who have dilated pupils are advised to wear sunglasses. 🙂
• Sunglasses prevent the bright spots while driving such as reflection of water or metal, which may distract the driver or rider and cause accidents.
• Sunglasses block and contrast certain frequencies of light. This totally depends on the color of sunglasses you pick.
• Sunglasses protect you from blue light. Exposure to violet or blue light can cause macular degeneration.
• Sunglasses protect your eyes from squinting and watering. 🙂
• They let your eye adapt darkness. This is something which happens when you are exposed to bright sunlight for long hours and come indoors.
• Sunglasses also protect you from skin cancers which are caused on the eyelids and on the skin around the eyes.
• Sunglasses prevent wrinkling of skin too.
• They keep the dust, wind and debris out of your eyes. 🙂
• Sunglasses reduce eyestrains and headaches.
Truth about cheap sunglasses
• Cheap sunglasses distant you from all these benefits or can even worsen your vision since they won’t give you protection from UV rays, they won’t block sunlight, neither will they safeguard your retina.
• Cheap sunglasses can cause photokeratitis, which is also know as snow blindness which is a temporary yet painful.
Reasons for wearing sunglasses
• Eye protection.
• Accentuate the look and style.
• They fill in the empty space on the face. 🙂
• Sunglasses display a person’s status symbol too ( Swear to God you do not turn back twice when you see a Gucci sunglass :P)
• Some people wear it for attention. Attention seekers you see and a sunglass can get you both good and bad attention. 😛
• If you are bugged with your regular look, flip on a sunglass just for a change. 🙂
• Accessorize with sunglasses. Some people wear it as an eye accessory. (I am sure most of us fall in this category)
• They hide the flaws. (May be a scar or skin discoloration)
Some Fun Facts About Sunglasses
• Women wear sunglasses since they can hide behind them when they have no make up on. 😛
• Men wear sunglasses so that women can’t figure out where they are seeing. 😛
So this is about sunglasses and their benefits and uses. Stay tuned for some more interesting summery sunglasses posts. 🙂
How to Select Sunglasses According to Face Shape
How to Care for Contact Lenses
Contact Lens: All about Contact Lenses
Contact Lenses: How to Use Contact Lens
Look Book : Makeup For Glasses
How to Wear Belts
How to Wear Scarf, How to Tie Scarf
How To Wear Gold Jewellery
How To Wear Bright Makeup
How To Wear Red Lipstick
How to Wear Jewelry & Fashion Accessories
How to Wear Dark Lipsticks and Lipglosses
How to Wear Plaid (Tartan) Pattern
Cardigans: How to Wear a Cardigan Sweater
How to Wear High Heels