I admit I don’t really use much Pond’s products, but I was drawn to this because of the ‘activated carbon’. Now what is activated carbon? Or more importantly, what does it do for your skin?
Here’s a product description from Pond’s that briefly explains:
Pond’s Pure White Facial Foam has the technology of activated carbon that attracts deep-seated “black” dirt caused by impurities, oil, and makeup to reveal a pure white you. It is the first of its kind to be formulated with activated carbon, which works with “black attracts black”. Carbon when heated or “activated” becomes 8x porous; hence, increasing its ability to detoxify and gently exfoliate dead skin cells while retaining the needed moisture.
I really liked the idea of my skin being gradually detoxified of impurities by a daily facial wash. Plus I’d read a little bit about activated carbon being taken internally to treat certain problems, such as poisoning, though this information is not something I can personally attest to. It just seemed interesting to try to see if there would be any benefits of using this on my skin. I also liked the sleek, all-black packaging!
I noticed also that like most Pond’s products, this aims to whiten the skin, but that aspect of the product isn’t especially important to me. In fact I don’t usually go for whitening facial products. While I’d love for my dark pimple scars to be lightened, I’m afraid that my face will look whiter than the rest of my body! What I wanted to see was how this would clean my face and if it would help with my pimples.
The facial wash is a pearly grey colour, is creamy with no exfoliating beads, and is mildly scented. I generally like this product, but find that I can’t use it too often.
PROS of Pond’s Pure White Deep Cleansing Facial Foam with Activated Carbon
1. I find the slim black tube it’s packaged in quite sleek and pretty.
2. Affordable at approximately $2 or Rp. 92 for a 50g tube.
3. Lathers well, so that I only need a small amount each time.
4. Effectively and thoroughly cleans, which makes it great to use after removing makeup. This removes all traces of it. My face feels squeaky clean after each use.
5. Seems to dry out some pimples.
6. I like that it doesn’t have a strong scent, although ideally I like my facial products unscented.
CONS of Pond’s Pure White Deep Cleansing Facial Foam with Activated Carbon
1. A few times, when my skin was a bit irritated from the cold weather, I noticed some small, rash-like spots on my forehead after use, but these went away quickly and my skin didn’t itch or anything. Background info on my skin: it is sensitive, dry, and acne prone. So, a slight warning to those with sensitive skin- before using this product on the face, test it first on your inner arms/wrists.
2. Using this facial wash consecutively, once in the morning and once at night, for weeks straight, dried out my skin. I now prefer using it only when I’ve used makeup and have to remove it thoroughly, or at night if my face feels especially dirty.
Overall, I like this product from Pond’s, and feel that it works nicely for the price. I would buy it again when I run out.
Pond’s Daily Face Wash Review
Pond’s Gold Radiance Day Cream SPF 15 PA++ Review
Pond’s White Beauty Daily Spot-less Lightening Cream & Facial Foam Review
Pond’s Age Miracle Overnight Repair Dream Night Cream Review
Biotique Pineapple Fruit Gel Facial Foam Cleanser Review
MAC Carbon Black Eyeshadow Review, Swatches
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- ponds pure white face wash
- ponds pure white