Apart from being a very relaxing experience, there are a number of other reasons as well that persuade people to get massages like treatment of ailments, stress management, overall well-being etc.
Decide on the type of massage you want to go for. You can choose a massage treatment that targets specific areas of concern for you or you can opt for an allover body massage for relaxation purposes. The better clued-up you are, the easier it’ll be for you to prepare body and mind for a great experience. Mentioned below are few tips that might help you get the most out of your massage treatment.
• First and foremost make sure that you do not have any medical conditions that may be irritated by a massage.
• Make a point to get plenty of rest and sleep in the 24 hours prior to your treatment.
• Take shower with lukewarm water to make your muscles more relaxed and increase the blood flow in your body. It will also help your skin to get rid of surface dirt and impurities. Wear loose, comfortable clothing after it.
• Avoid the use of makeup or any other cosmetic application on your skin on the day of massage.
• Remove your jewellery, including body piercing as well. Also, it is advisable to bring an antiseptic with you if you have body piercing to sanitize the area before and after your treatment.
• Eat lightly at least an hour before you step in for any type of massage. An exaggeratedly full stomach will be painful to lie on, and an empty stomach won’t allow you to focus on the good effects of the massage.
• Avoid alcohol or the use of any heavy drug on the day of your massage treatment as they can contribute to high levels of toxins in the blood, which massage seeks to reduce.
• Try to relax. It will help to sooth your body after the trials of the day.
• Be sure to drink a few glasses throughout the day after your massage to avoid dehydration and flush toxins from your body which have been pushed to your lymphatic system from your muscles through massage. Dehydration will relentlessly weaken your ability to detoxify and possibly will make you feel ill.
• Avoid heavy, intense exercise in the 24 hours leading up to your therapy; instead, use yoga or light stretching.
5 Body Massage Oils- Khadi, Himalaya, Parachute, Johnson’s
Biotique Avocado Body Massage Oil Biocado-Review
Wahl All Body Massage Powerful Therapeutic Massager Review
Biotique Citronella Refreshing Body Massage Oil Review
vLCC Fair Skin Saffron Massage Gel Review
Tanaka Face Contouring Massage Technique
My Hot Stone Therapy Massage Experience